City Centre Retial Unit To Let
12 Crosby Street, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA1 1DQ
£9,600 per year
|Price||£9,600 per year|
The subject property is strategically located on Crosby Street within Carlisle City Centre, in close proximity to the central train and bus stations. Crosby Street is accesses directly from the A7 Warwick Road and Lonsdale Street.
Carlisle is Cumbria’s primary retail and administrative centre, with a resident population of 73,000 and an estimated catchment population of 235,000, based on the Virgin rail link between Glasgow and London Euston as well as boasting close proximity to Newcastle Airport approximately one hour away along the A69. The city is the dominant retail and administrative centre in the county and the borders.
The surrounding area provides a vibrant mix of commercial, retail and leisure uses. There are a number of shops, restaurant and bars nearby, a Travelodge and The Halston Aparthotel. The Lanes Shopping Centre and Carlisle retail core are approximately 400 metres to the west of the premises.
The unit is currently available only as a result of the current tenant’s success leading to seeking larger premises.
The subject property comprises a ground floor retail unit situated on a mixed use thoroughfare accessed directly from one of Carlisle’s main commercial areas.
Externally the premises has an attractive pebble dash front with good shop window frontage.
Internally the unit was very substantially refurbished some two years ago and offers convenient and well fitted accommodation.
The unit also includes two car parking spaces within the adjacent private car park.
It is understood that the property has mains supplies of electricity and water and is connected to the mains drainage and sewerage systems.
It is understood that the premises provide the following approximate net internal measurements:
Shop Front: 46.37m2 (496 sq ft)
Storage 34.3m2 (366 sq ft)
Total: 80.67m2 (863 sq ft)
The premises are available subject to a new lease at a starting rental of £9,600 per annum, increasing to £11,000 per annum after the first year, for a period of 5 years.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate has been produced for the premises advising a current Energy Performance Asset Rating of G. A full copy is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
Each party is to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
Ben Wilde – [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
- No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
- These particulars were prepared in July 2018.
- Well-presented ground floor retail unit
- Good situation within Carlisle City Centre
- 496 sq ft ground floor retail space
- Additional 366 sq ft of storage space
- Unit available subject to new lease due to current tenant’s success
- Starting Rental – £9,600 per annum
- Two car parking spaces included