Substantial High Street Retail Premises To Let
13 High Street, Wigton, Cumbria CA7 9NJ
£9,000 per year
|Price||£9,000 per year|
The property is situated centrally on High Street, in the town centre of Wigton. High Street is one of the main retail thoroughfares in Wigton along with King Street.
Wigton lies approximately 9 miles south west of Carlisle and 20 miles north west of Penrith. Wigton is a traditional, medieval market town with a population of approximately 5,831 (2011 Census). The town benefits from a number of local amenities and boasts a well occupied high street including three locally owned butchers, a fruit and vegetable shop, florist, bakery, ladies dress makers and a gentleman’s tailors. There are also a number of national occupiers including B&M Bargains, Greggs and Toffs.
Wigton is approached from Carlisle via both the A595 and A596 which continue on to connect to Workington, Whitehaven and West Cumbria approximately 22 miles away. The nearest motorway connections are Junctions 42 and 43 of the M6 at Carlisle. A District railway line stops at a station within the town and travels from Carlisle to West Cumbria and beyond to Kendal. From Carlisle there is a regular rail service to larger cities including London, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh via the West Coast Main Line.
The premises comprise a three storey, mid-terraced building providing flexible space over three floors, most recently utilised as an Estate Agent’s offices and currently arranged with retail space at ground floor, ancillary/office space at first floor level and storage space at second floor. At first floor there are separate male and female w/c’s, a storage cupboard, kitchenette and a third office/staff room. The property is of rendered masonry construction under a multi-pitched slate roof with a mixture of timber framed, single glazed and UPVC double glazed windows.
Externally, the property has a small enclosed rear yard which is accessed directly from a main central car park and has five private parking spaces.
The property provides the following approximate net internal areas from our measurements:
Ground Floor 46.36m2 (499 sq ft)
First Floor 42.08m2 (453 sq ft)
Second Floor 28.99m2 (312 sq ft)
Total Approximate NIA 117.43m2 (1,264 sq ft)
Offers are invited in the region of £85,000 exclusive for the freehold interest with vacant possession.
It should be noted that our client is not obliged to accept the highest or any offer without prejudice and subject to contract
All figures are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
According to the Valuation Office Agency website, it is understood that the property has a Rateable Value of £6,100 and is described as a shop and premises. The current business rate for 2018/2019 is £0.493 equating to approximate rates payable of £3,007.30 per annum.
Small Business Rate Relief may apply and prospective purchasers should check the exact rates payable with Allerdale Borough Council – Tel: 01900 702702.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
13 High Street has an Energy Performance Asset Rating of D82. A copy of the certificate is available on application or to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
Alice Canham – [email protected]
Ben Wilde – [email protected]
Tel: 01228 458385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
- No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
- These particulars were prepared in Mach 2018.
- Character premises with ground and first floor retail/office accommodation and second floor storage space
- In the heart of Wigton town centre
- Approximate Net Internal Area 117.43m² (1,264 sq ft)