18 Market Street
18 Market Street, Ulverston, Cumbria LA12 7LR
£12,000 per year
|Price||£12,000 per year|
The subject property is situated on Market Street in Ulverston town centre occupying a prime position close to the Junction with New Market Street.
Ulverston has a population of 11,678 (2011 Census) and is a popular market town offering a wide range of local retail and leisure services as well as a Booths Supermarket and a Railway Station on the Furness Line primarily operated by TransPennine Express from Barrow-in-Furness to Manchester Airport and also by Northern Rail Services from Barrow-in-Furness to Lancaster. Ulverston benefits from a number of substantial employers including GlaxoSmithKline, Expro and Cumbria Crystal. Barrow-in-Furness is approximately 8 miles away accessed via the A590 with a population of 69,087 (2011 Census) and Junction 36 of the M6 is approximately 25 miles to the east reached via the A590.
18 Market Street occupies a prominent mid-terrace position adjacent to the Co-Operative Travel on a busy prime pitch. Nearby occupiers include Greggs The Bakers, Boots, Costa Coffee and Tesco as well as a range of independent retailers. Ulverston Indoor Market is directly to the rear/south and there are a number of public car parks within a short walking distance.
The property comprises a mid-terraced three storey building, rendered and painted externally under a pitched slate roof. The premises incorporate a ground floor timber framed sash window frontage with side alley and pedestrian entrance and upper timber framed single glazed sash windows.
Internally, the ground floor is arranged as an open plan shop with carpeted floors, wallpapered walls, suspended spot-lighting, electric storage heater and stairs to the first and second floors.
The upper accommodation has previously been a domestic maisonette and is currently arranged with large open plan rooms, a kitchen and bathroom. To the rear, there is a small yard and access to the side alleyway.
It is understood the property provides the following approximate net internal areas:
Ground Floor 29.04m² (313 sq ft)
First Floor 36.45m² (392 sq ft)
Second Floor 28.15m² (303 sq ft)
Total Approx Net Internal Area 93.64m² (1,008 sq ft)
It is understood that the property is connected to mains electricity, water and the mains drainage/sewerage system and that the property is heated via wall mounted electric storage units. Prospective purchasers should rely on their own enquiries into the exact services available at the property and to determine the current working order.
From enquiries made of the Valuation Office Agency Website, the property has a Rateable Value of £6,500 (effective date April 2010). The current Uniform Business Rate multiplier is 49.7p equating to approximate rates payable of £3,231 per annum.
Small business rate relief may be available and prospective purchasers or tenants should check the exact rates payable directly with South Lakeland District Council, telephone number – 08450504434.
Offers are invited for the freehold interest with vacant possession at a price of £189,000 exclusive.
Alternatively, the premises are available to lease on a Full Repairing & Insuring basis for a term to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £12,000 per annum exclusive.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
The property has an Energy Performance Asset Rating of E108 and a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate is available to download from the Edwin Thompson Website.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the sale/lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley – [email protected]
Tel: 01228 635 894
Or Joint Agents
Paul Johnston – [email protected]
Tel: 01229 839 090
Edwin Thompson and Farrell Heyworth for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
- No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson or Farrell Heyworth has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
- These particulars were prepared in July 2016.
- Prominent Self-Contained Retail Premises
- Situated in the Heart of Ulverston Town Centre
- Available immediately with Vacant Possession and having substantial upper floors
- Rental – £12,000 per annum exclusive