2 Market Place, Brampton
2 Market Place, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 1RW
£12,000 per year
|Price||£12,000 per year|
Brampton is an attractive and affluent market town situated on the north east fringe of the Lake District. It is well located, being just 9 miles east of Carlisle via the A69 and Junction 43 of the M6. Brampton has an approximate population of 4,600 and benefits from good local facilities including the popular William Howard Secondary School, a bustling town centre with a range of shops and leisure facilities, being regarded as a desirable place to live.
The subject property is situated on Market Place in Brampton town centre, directly opposite Cranston’s Food Hall. The immediate surrounding area is predominantly retail with occupiers on Market Place including Eric Hagen Opticians, Routledge’s Bakers, Barclays Bank, Hoi Sun Chinese and Off the Wall coffee shop.
2 Market Place provides a ground floor lock-up retail premises. The main sales area is accessed from Brampton’s bustling high street and a timber pedestrian double door leading into open plan shell accommodation. The rear of the property has been utilised as a preparation area with a former chill room that would be ideal for ancillary storage. There are also separate storage rooms that were previously used as an office and there are separate ladies’ and gent’s WCs.
Shop Front 26.76m2 (288 sq ft)
Staff Toilets 6.04m2 (65 sq ft)
Prep Room 16.97m2 (183 sq ft)
Chill Room 7.36m2 (79 sq ft)
Ancillary Storage 7.62m2 (82 sq ft)
NIA 58.71m2 (628 sq ft)
It is understood that the property is connected to mains electricity, water, and the mains drainage system.
It is the responsibility of the tenant to determine the exact position of existing services and to arrange for any modification/connection of these to the property in consultation with the relevant services providers
It is understood from the VOA website that the whole of the premises have a Rateable Value of £4,800.
This property may be eligible for small business relief.
Prospective tenants should check the exact business rates payable with Carlisle City Council – Tel: 01228 817234
The property is available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a number of years to be agreed and at a rental of £12,000 per annum exclusive.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate has been produced for the premises and is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website. The property has a current rating of F148.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the letting documentation together with any VAT thereon.
Viewing of the property is strictly by appointment only through Edwin Thompson. For further information contact:
John Haley – [email protected]
Ben Wilde – [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548 385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
- No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
- These particulars were prepared in June 2018.
Prime retail premises including rear storage
Established location within Brampton town centre
Surrounding occupiers include Barclays Bank, Routledge’s Bakers, Hoi Sun Chinese and Off the Wall coffee shop
Approximate net internal area of 628 sq ft
Rental – £12,000 per annum exclusive