21 Loreburn Street, 25-31 Loreburn Street & Anderson Chambers Great King Street, Dumfries and Galloway, DG1 1BD
The property is prominently located on Loreburn Street in Dumfries Town Centre
The property is situated on the corner of Loreburn Street and Munches Street and continues to the corner of King Street and Loreburn Street in Dumfries Town Centre.
Dumfries, with a population of around 37,500 people, is the largest town in Dumfries and Galloway, and is south west Scotland’s main shopping and administrative centre. The town lies approximately 75 miles south of Glasgow and 34 miles north west of Carlisle and is bypassed by the A75 trunk road. Dumfries attracts trade from nearby towns and villages, together with the surrounding rural hinterland. The area also draws in significant tourist trade during the spring and summer months.
Dumfries developed as a flourishing market town in the fourteenth century. It was also an inland port trading in wool and woollen cloth, and luxuries such as wine and spices. It has remained a busy market town for the surrounding area which has a regional population of 148,000.
The surrounding area provides a mixture of retail, commercial and town facilities
The property comprises a substantial two storey character property and provides a prominent ground floor corner position with a self-contained lock-up shop, a larger lock-up shop and eight flexible office suites to the first floor. The building is of traditional stone construction beneath a flat roof and the whole property offers an opportunity to purchase a well located investment property with potential.
The retail unit at 21 Loreburn Street is accessed from the corner of Loreburn Street and Munches Street into a small sales area with separate WC and kitchenette. The unit has a return frontage with single glazed wood framed windows and internally the shop floor comprises vinyl walls and flooring, strip defused lighting and two window display areas.
The retail unit at 25-31 Loreburn Street is accessed from the corner of Loreburn Street and Great King Street into a large retail unit with separate WC facilities and kitchenette. The unit has a large return frontage on Loreburn Street and has been finished to the occupiers requirements which includes carpeted floors, full display racking, plastered and painted ceiling and strip fluorescent lighting.
The offices within Anderson Chambers provide a range of first floor office suites accessed from Great King Street. The offices in the main are carpeted, have plastered and painted walls, cornicing and strip fluorescent lighting. There are shared WC’s and kitchenette facilities and heating is via electric free-standing units.
We understand the premises provide the following approximate net internal measurements:
21 Loreburn Street (Ground Floor Shop) 14.96m2 161 sq ft
25-31 Loreburn Street (Ground Floor Shop) 71.84m2 773 sq ft
Anderson Chambers (Office Suites) 86.80m2 934 sq ft
21 Loreburn Street is currently occupied by Watts Motors at a passing rental of £3,500 per annum.
25 – 31 Loreburn Street is currently occupied by TLC at a passing rental of £12,500 per annum.
Further lease term information is available upon application.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understand from the Scottish Assessors Association website that the premises have a combined Rateable Value of £20,400:
21 Loreburn Street (Ground Floor Shop) Rateable Value: £2,250
25-31 Loreburn Street (Ground Floor Shop) Rateable Value: £13,300
Anderson Chambers (Office Suites) Rateable Value: £4,875
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate has been produced for the premises and a full copy is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
Offers are invited at a guide price of £149,000 for the freehold interest.
It should be noted that our client is not obliged to accept the highest or any offer without prejudice and subject to contract.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley – [email protected]
Joe Ellis – [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson or Lambert Smith Hampton has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in June 2016.
• Prime town centre location
• Includes two retail units and eight 1st floor office suites
• Current rental income of £16,000 per annum
• Potential for a significant rental income with the letting of vacant offices
• Offered invited at a guide price of £160,000 for the freehold interest