Attractive Town Centre Office Premises To Let
25A Cornmarket, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7HS
£12,000 per year
|Price||£12,000 per year|
The property is situated on Cornmarket in the heart of Penrith town centre.
Penrith is an attractive and affluent market town situated on the north-east fringe of the Lake District in Cumbria with a residential population of approximately 15,000. It’s excellent location on Junction 40 of the M6 provides direct access to Carlisle approximately 20 miles to the north and Kendal 32 miles to the south, as well as to the A66 which leads west to the Lake District National park and east to Scotch Corner and the A1(M).
The subject property occupies a prominent town centre location with direct access from Market Square, Devonshire Street and Great Dockray. There are a number of national and local retailers, cafes, food shops and professional users all within the immediate vicinity and Penrith train station is a short distance to the west via Castlegate. There are also a number of local pay and display car parks and disc zone areas to compliment the dedicated car parking to the rear of the offices.
The property provides an attractive sandstone built mid-terrace building with a pitched slate roof and sash windows. There is retail use at ground floor with the subject offices at first and part second floors which are accessed via a dedicated entrance to the side of the property.
Internally, the offices provide a range of suites, kitchen facility and WCs. The accommodation is predominantly carpeted throughout on timber floors (raised in parts), has painted plaster walls, strip fluorescent lighting/up lighting and electric storage heaters. The premises are networked with data cabling and electric points via both wall sockets and floor boxes in most areas which lead back to a dedicated server room.
The property is connected to mains electricity, water and has a dedicated intruder and fire alarm system.
The premises also have the benefit of a car park with spaces for 6 cars.
The premises have an approximate net internal area as follows:
1st & 2nd floor offices 167.03m² (1,798sq ft)
The property is available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a term to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £12,000 per annum exclusive.
The VOA website states that the premises have a Rateable Value of £12,250.
The current Uniform Business Rate is 49.3 pence in the pound, which would equate to rates payable per annum of approximately £6,039 exclusive.
Prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable with Eden District Council – Tel: 01768 817 817.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preperation and settlement of any lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP Contact:
John Haley: [email protected]
Ben Wilde: [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
- No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
- These particulars were prepared in June 2018.
Self-contained offices with first and second floor accommodation
Prominent location in Penrith town centre
Approximate Net Internal Area – 1,798 sq ft
Rental – £12,000 per annum exclusive