27 Church Street, Lancaster, LA1 1LP
27 Church Street, Lancaster, LA1 1LP
Rental £16,000 per year
|Price||£16,000 per year|
The subject property occupies a prominent position at the southern end of Church Street, close to its junction with Cheapside in the heart of Lancaster City Centre in the North West of England. Lancaster has a population of 52,234 and is a historic and cultural city with a wide district population of 135,000 encompassing settlement including Morecambe. The city has a highly successful public research University, the University of Lancaster as well as The University of Cumbria Campus providing a student population of around 20,000 from more than 120 counties.
Lancaster is the County Town of Lancashire having excellent communications from the M6 Motorway network and also has a mainline train station being on the West Coast Railway Line running between London Euston and Glasgow and which is around 600 metres west of the subject property.
The eastern end of Church Street is pedestrianized and provides a vibrant mix of occupiers including Bella Italia, Banks Lyon Jewelers, The Study Room, Buccellis Café and Sandwich Bar and VUE Cinema and other nearby occupiers include McDonalds, SpecSavers, Subway and Costa Coffee. Market Street and Market Square are a short distance to the south west and St Nicholas Arcades is around 25 metres to the south east including car parking facilities.
The property provides a retail lock-up unit, being the ground floor demise of a mid-terrace stone built four story premises. The property has a timber framed single glazed shop façade with pedestrian entrance directly from Church Street into an open plan shop floor.
Internally, the premises are currently fitted out with part carpeted and vinyl flooring, a suspended ceiling incorporating recessed lighting and comfort cooling/heating units and there are both staff and customer WCs. There is a rear serving counter, staff kitchenette and useful basement storage.
The property is connected to mains electricity, water and the mains drainage system.
It is understood that the property provides the following approximate net internal floor areas:
Ground Floor Retail Unit 95.09m² (1,024sq ft)
The property is available on a new internal repairing and insuring lease for a term to be agreed at a commencing rental of £16,000 per annum exclusive.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
From enquiries made of the VOA website, it is understood that the property has a Rateable Value of £13,250. Prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable with Lancaster City Council – Tel: 01524 582000
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate is in the process of being arranged and will be available to download from the Edwin Thompson website in due course.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle Office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley – [email protected]
Joe Ellis – [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in June 2017.h
Well located retail unit within Lancaster City Centre
Approximate Net Internal Floor Area of 95.09m2 (1,024 sq ft)
Rental – £16,000 per annum exclusive