Traditional Retail Unit to Let
3 London Road, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA1 2JU
£7,500 per year
|Price||£7,500 per year|
The property is situated on the A6 London Road to the south east of Carlisle City Centre. The A6 London Road/Botchergate provides a vibrant mixed use area with a number of retail and leisure facilities within the immediate vicinity. The A6 provides direct access to Junction 42 of the M6 approximately 2.5 miles to the south east, Carlisle City Centre to the north and Carlisle Train Station is approximately just under 1 mile to the north east. The new Cumbria Council offices are conveniently situated approximately 500 metres to the north west.
Carlisle is the regional capital and lies close to the Scottish Border and adjacent to Junctions 42, 43 and 44 of the M6 motorway. It is also based on the Virgin Trains West Coast Main Line providing services between Glasgow and London Euston as well as being approximately 1 hour away from Newcastle Airport along the A69. The city has a population of 75,306 with a wider area population of 107,524 (2011 Census) and is a main administrative and retail centre for Cumbria.
3 London Road is a traditional two storey mid-terrace building providing flexible space over two floors and most recently utilised as a retail outlet for a national charity. The property is currently arranged with ground floor retail space and separate kitchen.
At first floor there are 5 good sized rooms utilised as staff/office/storage space and wc. The property is of masonry construction under a pitched slate roof with a mixture of timber framed single glazed and UPVC double glazed windows and a shop frontage onto London Road measuring 5.25m (17 ft).
The property provides the following approximate net internal areas from our measurements:
Ground Floor 60.39m2 (650 sq ft)
First Floor 71.82m2 (773 sq ft)
Total Approximate NIA 132.21m2 (1,423 sq ft)
The premises are available by way of a new Full Repairing and Insuring lease for a number of years to be agreed and at a commencing rental in the region of £7,500 per annum exclusive.
It should be noted that our client is not obliged to accept the highest or any offer without prejudice and subject to contract.
All figures are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
According to the Valuation Office Agency website, it is understood that the property has a Rateable Value of £4,300 and is described as a shop and premises. The current uniform business rate for 2018/2019 is £0.493 equating to approximate rates payable of £2,120 per annum.
Small Business Rate Relief may apply and prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable with Carlisle City Council – Tel: 01228 817200.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
3 London Road has an Energy Performance Asset Rating of…… A copy of the certificate is available on application or to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
Alice Canham – [email protected]
Ben Wilde – [email protected]
Tel: 01228 458385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
- No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
- These particulars were prepared in June 2018.
- Traditional retail premises with ground floor retail space and first floor storage/office
- Situated on the A6 London Road providing excellent access to Carlisle train station, Carlisle city centre and the M6
- Approximate Net Internal Area 132.00m2 (1,423 sq ft)
Rental – offers invited in the region of £7,500 per annum