Dalton in Furness
31 Station Road, Dalton-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA15 8PL
|City||Dalton in Furness|
The subject property is situated a short distance to the south of the Station Road/Market Street junction and close to the main retail and through road in the town centre of Dalton-in-Furness. Dalton-in-Furness is a small town with an approximate population of 7,827 (2011 Census) approximately 2 miles north east of Barrow-in-Furness. The town has good local facilities including a busy retail area, four primary schools, a secondary school, leisure centre and a number of bars and restaurants. Dalton also benefits from South Lakes Wild Animal Park, a high profile zoo attraction.
Dalton is connected to the A590 in the north which in turn leads to Ulverston, 6 miles away and Junction 36 of the M6 motorway approximately 29 miles to the east providing good road access north and south.
31 Station Road forms a mid-terrace position with terraced residential dwellings to each side. The property is approached directly from Station Road.
The property comprises a mid-terraced two storey building of brick construction rendered and painted with a pitched tile roof. The premises incorporate a timber framed ground floor shop window with small forecourt to the front and timber pedestrian entrance door set to one side.
Internally, the ground floor is arranged with a large studio and rear kitchenette/break out area. The first floor provides further studio/dressing room accommodation, bathroom and to the converted attic is extensive studio space.
Plans are currently being prepared illustrating the potential to convert the property to a 4/5 bedroom residential dwelling and land to the rear can be made available for a private garden by separate negotiation, further details upon application.
It is understood the property provides the following approximate measurements:
Ground floor studio 64.30mﾲ (692 sq ft)
First Floor 75.30mﾲ (811 sq ft)
Second Floor 21.30mﾲ (229 sq ft)
Total Approx Net Internal Area 160.90mﾲ (1,732 sq ft)
It is understood that the property is connected to mains electricity, water and the mains drainage/sewerage system and that the property is heated via combi boiler supplying wall mounted radiators throughout. Prospective purchasers should rely on their own enquiries into the exact services available at the property and to determine the current working order.
Offers are invited for the freehold interest with vacant possession at a price of ﾣ169,950 exclusive.
The land to the rear is available by way of separate negotiations, further details upon application.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate will be produced for the premises following confirmation of the proposed use.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understood from the Valuation Office Agency website that the premises are described as a Shop and Premises and have a Rateable Value of ﾣ2,450. The current Uniform Business Rate multiplier is 49.3p equating to approximate rates payable of ﾣ1,208 per annum. Prospective purchasers should check the exact rates payable including the potential for small business rate relief with Barrow Borough Council ﾖ Tel: 01229 876 543.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley – [email protected],
Tel: 01228 635 894
Or Joint Agents
Paul Johnston ﾖ [email protected]
Tel: 01229 839 090
Edwin Thompson and Farrell Heyworth for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson or Farrell Heyworth has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in October 2015.
Self-contained Retail/Studio Premises
Situated close to Dalton-in-Furness Town Centre
Potential for Residential Conversion to a 4/5 bedroom dwelling (subject to planning)
Guide Price – ﾣ169,950