TO LET Attractive Restaurant Premises
35 Warwick Road Carlisle CA1 1EE
£15,000 per year
|Price||£15,000 per year|
The property is situated in the heart of Carlisle and within walking distance to the heart of the city centre and mainline train station. Carlisle lies close to the Scottish Border and adjacent to Junctions 42, 43 and 44 of the M6 motorway network. It is also on the main west coast Virgin Glasgow to London Euston rail line and has good access east to Newcastle, including Newcastle airport, along the A69 trunk road.
The City of Carlisle has a residential population of 75,000, a wider city population of around 108,000 and an estimated catchment population of 235,000. As well as being the dominant shopping location, it is also the administrative centre in Cumbria and the Borders.
The premises are located on the corner of Warwick Road and Earl Street, a pedestrianised road giving access to the County Courts complex. Opposite and to the west on Warwick Road are retail units and restaurants including Nandos, Casa Romana and Alexandros Greek Restaurant & Deli as well as The Halston Hotel.
35 Warwick Road is a traditional Grade II listed sandstone built former church and has access from the front by way of stone steps and to the side, off Earl Street to the lower ground floor.
The lower ground floor provides a large open plan dining room, kitchen, function room, dry store and Male & Female WC’s.
The restaurant area consists of a large open plan dining area for approximately 80 covers. It has a suspended ceiling with exposed stone walls, spot lighting, perimeter radiators and feature stained glass windows. At the head of the restaurant is a bar area which has a stone floor/walls and a store to the side.
The kitchen has plastered painted walls and ceiling, non-slip resin flooring, strip lighting and a stainless steel extraction system. Off the kitchen is a side preparation room. The function room is carpeted with wallpapered walls, perimeter radiators and a bay window with obscure glazing.
The male and female WC’s are fitted to a good modern standard.
It is understood that the premises provide the following approximate measurements:
Lower Ground Floor 382.16 sq m (4,113 sq ft)
The property is available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a term to be agreed and at a rental of £15,000 per annum exclusive.
All enquiries to sole agents Edwin Thompson.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
The VOA website states that the Basement of 35 Warwick Road has a Rateable Value of £8,600 and is described as a café & premises. Small Business Rate Relief may be available to prospective tenants who should check the exact rates payable directly via Carlisle City Council, telephone number 01228 817234.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP Contact:
John Haley – [email protected]
Suzie Barron – [email protected]
Ben Wilde – [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers
should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in August 2019
• Lower Ground 80 cover Restaurant Premises within a prominent Grade II Listed Building in Carlisle City Centre
• Gross Internal Area – approximately 382.16 sq m (4,113 sq ft) with function room, commercial kitchen and well fitted WC’s