4 Crescent Road, Windermere, Cumbria LA23 1EA
£11,940 per year
|Price||£11,940 per year|
The subject property is situated on Crescent Road in the town of Windermere in South Lakeland, Cumbria, in the north west of England. Windermere is an attractive tourist town situated close to the east shore of Lake Windermere, 8 miles to the west of Kendal and 14 miles from Junction 36 of the M6 Motorway.
Windermere is known as Cumbria’s most popular tourist destination and is effectively one large settlement with Bowness-on-Windermere having a resident population of circa 12,000 (2001 Census).
Windermere is situated in the Lake District National Park which was designated in 1951 and is the largest National Park in England. The National Park has a population of 41,831 and attracts approximately 15,000,000 visitors each year with tourism being the major industry. (Source – Lake District National Park).
Crescent Road forms part of the town centre and the main A5074 route travelling from the A591 and through to Bowness-on-Windermere, circa 1 mile away. The train station, bus interchange and the A591 are approximately 100m to the north giving good access to Kendal, the M6 and Ambleside.
The local vicinity boasts some of the leading high street retailers including, Boots, Greggs, WHSmith as well as a variety of local gift shops, cafes, leisure outlets and banks.
The property provides a basement, ground floor and first floor retail lock-up shop forming a mid-terrace position within an attractive Lakeland stone building which is rendered and painted at first floor and incorporates a timber framed shop façade and canopy with side entrance door.
The premises are arranged as open plan sales area to the ground and first floor and a useful basement ancillary storage area incorporating a staff toilet and kitchenette.
The premises provide the following approximate net internal area measurements:
Ground Floor Sales 24.80m2 (267 sq ft)
First Floor Sales 18.40m2 (198 sq ft)
Basement Ancillary 21.20m2 (228 sq ft)
Total approximate Net Internal Area 64.40m2 (693 sq ft)
The property is available by way of a new Full Repairing and Insuring lease subject to terms and at a rental of £995 per calendar month.
All figures quoted are inclusive of VAT and therefore no VAT is payable
It is understood from the VOA website that the premises has a Rateable Value of £7,900.
The current Uniform Business Rate is 49.7p in the pound for the year 2016/17.
Small business rate relief may be available to prospective tenants who should check the exact rates payable with South Lakeland District Council – Tel: 08450504434.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate has been produced for the premises and a full copy is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of any lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Windermere Office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley, [email protected]
Joe Ellis, [email protected]
Tel: 01539 448811
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
- No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
- These particulars were prepared in August 2016.h
- Well Located Ground and First Floor Retail Premises with ancillary basement accommodation in Prime Tourist Area
- Net Internal Area – approximately 693 sq ft
- Nearby occupiers include, Boots, Greggs, The Co-Op, Barclays Bank, HSBC and The Post Office.
- Rental – £995 per calendar month