4A Elephant Yard
£20,000 per year
|Price||£20,000 per year|
The market town of Kendal is situated in south Cumbria, 20 miles north of Lancaster, 50 miles south of Carlisle and approximately 70 miles north of Manchester. The town lies approximately 6 miles from Junction 36 of the M6 motorway and adjacent to the west coast main railway line.
Kendal, known as ‘The Gateway to The Lakes’ enjoys a significant tourist trade throughout the year and has a residential population of approximately 28,000 (2001 Census) and with a catchment area of in excess of 50,000 people.
The retail unit occupies a prime trading position within the highly successful Elephant Yard – a thriving retail sector in the heart of Kendal. Elephant Yard boasts some of the leading high street retailers including Boots the Chemist, Next, Monsoon, Laura Ashley, Peacocks, Claire’s Accessories and Costa Coffee. Elephant Yard is managed as a fashion retail centre and is situated only 100m from the Marks & Spencer superstore boasting a peak season monthly footfall of 330,000 people and an annual figure for 2011, grown year on year from 2001, in excess of 3,500,000 million people.
The premises provides a modern purpose built mid-terrace retail unit situated over ground floor and providing an open plan sales area with attractive glass/wood display frontage.
Internally, the accommodation has a wood effect floor, slat walls and a suspended ceiling with recessed lighting. There is direct access to the rear servicing yard and upper storage/WCs.
The unit is separately metered for electricity and water and benefits from a high quality and friendly on site management service.
We understand the premises provide the following approximate net internal area measurements:
Ground floor sales 40.48m² (436sq ft)
Internal sales width 5.39m (17.68ft)
Sales depth 7.51m (24.64ft)
The premises are available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease by way of a service charge for a number of years to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £20,000 per annum exclusive. The rent will be subject to 5 yearly upward only rent reviews.
There is a service charge levied to recover the cost of the management and upkeep of common areas of Elephant Yard.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
We understand from the VOA website that the premises have a Rateable Value of £16,250.
The current Uniform Business Rate is 49.7p in the pound, which would equate to rates payable per annum of approximately £8,076 exclusive.
Prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable with South Lakeland District Council – Tel: 08450504434.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preperation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle Office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley, [email protected]
Joe Ellis, [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
- No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
- These particulars were prepared in August 2016.h
- Well Located Ground Floor Unit in Thriving Retail Sector
- GF sales of approximately 436sq ft
- Elephant Yard occupiers include Boots, Next, Monsoon, Costa Coffee, Peacocks and Laura Ashley Rental – £20,000 per annum exclusive