5 Middlegate, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7PG
£23,000 per year
|Price||£23,000 per year|
The premises are located in Penrith, an attractive and affluent market town situated on the north east fringe of the Lake District in Cumbria. Penrith is well located being adjacent to Junction 40 of the M6 providing direct access north and south and connected to the A66 which leads west to the Lake District National Park and east to Scotch Corner and the A1(M).
Penrith has a resident population of approximately 15,000 and is located within Eden with a district population of over 51,000. Carlisle is approximately 20 miles to the north, Kendal 32 miles to the south and Keswick 18 miles to the west.
The subject property occupies a central position on Middlegate one of the main retail pitches in the town centre connecting with Market Square, Devonshire Street and Great Dockray. There are a number of national and local retailers, cafes, food shops and professional users all within the immediate vicinity including B&M Bargains, United Colours of Beneton, Thomas Cook and Burton. Penrith train station is a short distance to the west of the premises and reached via Castlegate. The train station ia on the Main West Coast Line which provides direct services north to Carlisle and Glasgow and South to London Euston with a journey time of around 3 hours.
The Grade ll Listed property provides a ground floor retail lock-up shop with first floor ancillary accommodation forming a mid-terrace position within an attractive sandstone rendered and painted building and with a double fronted timber framed shop façade with central entrance door.
Internally, the premises provide open plan sales areas incorporating a sales counter, storage and changing rooms. Stairs to the rear of the property lead to a first floor staff room/kitchen, stock room and WC. The accommodation has predominantly wood effect laminate throughout on timber floors, plaster painted walls with slat walling in part, suspended ceiling with fluorescent recessed lighting and electric heating. There is a rear pedestrian door/fire exit which leads to the side passageway and private car park.
The property is connected to mains electricity, water and has a dedicated intruder and fire alarm system.
It is understood that the premises provide the following approximate measurements:
Ground Floor Sales Net Internal Area 74.32m² (850 sq ft)
First Floor Net Internal Area 20.26m2 (218 sq ft)
Shop Width 6.17m (20ft)
Shop Depth 14.82m (49ft)
The property is available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a term to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £23,000 per annum exclusive.
It is understood from the VOA website that the premises have a Rateable Value of £15,750.
The current Uniform Business Rate is 49.7 pence in the pound, which would equate to rates payable per annum of approximately £7,828 exclusive. Prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable with Eden District Council – Tel: 01768 817 817.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of any lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP Contact:
John Haley – [email protected]
Joe Ellis – [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
- No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
- These particulars were prepared in July 2016.
Attractive Prime Retail Premises To Let
- Well located ground floor retail unit with first floor ancillary accommodation in the heart of Penrith Town Centre
- Approximate Sales Area – 850 sq ft
- Dedicated Private Car Parking Spaces
- Rental – £23,000 per annum exclusive