6-8 King Street, Wigton, CA7 9NJ
£7,500 per year
|Price||£7,500 per year|
The property is situated on King Street in Wigton town centre. King Street is one of the main retail thoroughfares in Wigton along with High Street.
Wigton, lies approximately 9 miles south west of Carlisle, and some 20 miles north west of Penrith. Wigton is a traditional Cumbrian market town with a central population of approximately 5,000 (2001 Census) which rises to 15,000 including the immediate surrounding hinterland.
Wigton is approached from Carlisle via both the A565 and A596 roads which continue on to connect the town to West Cumbria. The nearest motorway connections are junctions 42 and 43 of the M6 at Carlisle. A district rail line, including a station within the town, travels from Carlisle to West Cumbria and beyond to Kendal.
The property is located within the main retail core of Wigton with surrounding occupiers including a mixture of retail, professional and leisure users. The main town centre car park is immediately to the rear and Wigton bus station is approximately 300m to the north west.
The premises comprise a mid-terraced building with office accommodation extending over ground and first floor directly adjacent to Barclays Bank. The property is of part sandstone/part rendered construction with a multi-pitch pitched slate roof, single glazed sash windows and aluminium framed single glazed pedestrian entrance.
Internally the property has an entrance lobby leading through to double timber doors and the ground floor office accommodation which is split over two levels. The ground floor provides a mixture of open plan and cellular office accommodation which incorporate carpeted flooring, ceiling lighting, a mixture of electric storage heaters and conventional heaters, staff WC’s and stairs to the first floor.
The first floor comprises a spacious central hallway which leads to four large offices, kitchen, meeting room/store room and staff toilet.
The property provides the following approximate net internal areas from our measurements:
Ground Floor 60.50m2 (644 sq ft)
First Floor 109.75m2 (1,181 sq ft)
Total Approximate Floor Area 170.25m² (1,833 sq ft)
The property provides the following approximate IPMS 3 floor areas from our measurements:
Ground Floor 62.94m2 (677 sq ft)
First Floor 118.95m2 (1,280 sq ft)
Total Approximate Floor Area 181.89m² (1,958sq ft)
Ground Floor Limited Use Area 10.53m2 (113 sq ft)
First Floor Limited Use Area 26.01m2 (280 sq ft)
Total Approximate Limited Use Area 36.54m2 (393 sq ft)
According to the Valuation Office Agency Website, it is understood that the property has a Rateable Value of £7,100 and is described as an office and premises. The current uniform business rate for 2016/2017 is 0.497 equating to approximate rates payable of £3,529 per annum.
Small Business Rate Relief may apply and prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable with Allerdale Borough Council – Tel: 01900 702702.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate has been produced for the premises and is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
The property is available by way of a new internal repairing and insuring lease for a term to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £7,500 per annum exclusive.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preperation and settlement of any lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP Contact:
John Haley, [email protected],
Joe Ellis, [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in May 2016.
• Character premises with ground and first floor office accommodation
• In the Heart of Wigton Town Centre
• Approximate Net Internal Area – 170.25m² (1,833 sq ft)
• Approximate IPMS 3 area – 181.89m2 (1,958 sq ft)
• Rental – £7,500 per annum exclusive