Substantially Office and Retail Premises To Let
9 - 11 High Street, Wigton, Cumbria CA7 9NJ
Available from £7,000 per year
|Price||£7,000 per year|
The property is prominently situated on High Street in Wigton town centre. High Street is one of the main commercial thoroughfares in Wigton along with King Street.
Wigton, lies approximately 9 miles south west of Carlisle, and some 20 miles north west of Penrith. Wigton is a traditional Cumbrian market town with a central population of approximately 5,000 (2001 Census) which rises to 15,000 including the immediate surrounding hinterland.
Wigton is approached from Carlisle via both the A595 and A596 which continue on to connect to Workington, Whitehaven and West Cumbria approximately 22 miles away. The nearest motorway connections are Junctions 42 and 43 of the M6 at Carlisle. A District railway line stops at a station within the town and travels from Carlisle to West Cumbria and beyond to Kendal. From Carlisle there is a regular rail service to larger cities including London, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh via the West Coast Main Line.
The property is located within the main retail core of Wigton with surrounding occupiers including a mixture of retail, professional and leisure users. The main town centre car park is immediately to the rear and Wigton bus station is approximately 300m to the north west.
The premises comprise a five-storey building providing flexible space and presented to a high standard, most recently utilised as a shop and headquarter offices.
Externally the property is a mid-terrace building of solid painted stone construction with UPVC double glazed sash effect windows boasting attractive decorative features at first floor level. The premises has a double fronted, glazed shop window with central pedestrian access from High Street and additional staff entrance to the rear of the property accessed directly from Wigton’s primary car park.
At ground floor there is extensive retail space which is carpeted throughout with painted plaster walls and ceiling, recessed stainless steel LED spotlighting, radiators and air conditioning unit and includes a kitchenette, male and female w/c’s. There is additional storage space at basement level accessed from the rear of the shop with strip lighting, painted plaster walls and ceiling and radiators.
The first and second floors provide two high spec office suites with carpeted floor coverings, plaster painted walls and ceiling, recessed stainless steel spotlights, radiators and UPVC double glazed sliding sash windows. There is a substantial meeting/boardroom with carpeted floor covering, plaster painted walls and ceiling, recessed stainless steel LED spotlights, up-lighting, radiators, air conditioning unit and UPVC double glazed sliding sash windows. There are high spec fittings including projector and screen and a fully fitted kitchen area.
The upper floors also benefit from a modern and attractive shower room with cushioned vinyl flooring, plaster painted walls and ceilings, part marble effect shower enclosure, stainless steel recessed LED spotlights and UPVC double glazed sliding sash window and all floors benefit from data caballing.
Additional storage space is provided at third floor with painted plaster walls and ceiling and double-glazed Velux windows.
The property has mains supplies of gas, electricity and water and is connected to the mains drainage and sewerage systems. Heating is provided via a gas central heating system and a modern Baxi combi boiler. there is a dedicated intruder alarm system including CCTV.
The property provides the following approximate net internal areas from our measurements:
Basement 48.44m2 521 sq ft
Ground Floor 79.14m2 852 sq ft
First Floor 51.28m2 552 sq ft
Second Floor 42.81m2 461 sq ft
Third Floor 39.16m2 422 sq ft
Total Net Internal Area 260.83m2 2,807 sq ft
The premises are available by way of a new full repairing & insuring lease at a rental of £18,000 per annum exclusive.
There is the potential for the premises to be split and let as separate retail and office spaces providing ground floor sales space and basement storage of 127.58 m2 (1,373 sq ft) at a rental of £11,500 per annum exclusive and upper floors of 141.11m2 (1,519 sq ft) at a rental of £6,500 per annum exclusive.
All figures are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
According to the Valuation Office Agency website, it is understood that the property has a Rateable Value of £13,250 and is described as a shop and premises. The current business rate for 2018/2019 is £0.493 equating to approximate rates payable of £6,532.25 per annum.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
11 High Street has an Energy Performance Asset Rating of D83.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of any lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
Alice Canham – [email protected]
Ben Wilde – [email protected]
Tel: 01228 458385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
- No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
- These particulars were prepared in August 2018.
- Character premises with ground, first and second floor retail/office accommodation and third floor and basement storage space
- In the heart of Wigton town centre
- Approximate Net Internal Area – 268.69m² (2,892 sq ft)
- Potential to be separated into individual units
- Ground floor sales of approximately 79.14m2 (852 sq ft)
- Rental from £7,000 per annum exclusive