Bridge Mills Business Centre, Stramongate, Kendal LA9 4UB
Bridge Mills, Stramongate
The office suite is located within Bridge Mill Business Centre overlooking the River Kent and adjacent to Stramongate in Kendal. The thriving retail centre with attractive shops and leisure facilities is just a 5 minute walk to the west and Kendal Bus Station and Railway are both within a 5-10 minute walk.
The market town of Kendal is situated in south Cumbria, 20 miles north of Lancaster, 50 miles south of Carlisle and approximately 70 miles north of Manchester. Kendal lies approximately 6 miles from Junction 36 of the M6 motorway and adjacent to the west coast main railway line.
Bridge Mills Business Centre is a former mill building dating from the late 19th century which was effectively rebuilt in circa 1995 and recently refurbished to provide high quality office accommodation totalling 33,542 sq ft. The building is of stone construction built over 3 levels and is split into 2 wings around a central courtyard.
There is car parking on the ground floor level for a total of 125 vehicles. The office accommodation is arranged on the first and second floors and there is good access to the building with a DDA ramp access and a passenger lift from the car park.
Bridge Mills Business Centre is over 90% let with occupiers including Cumbria County Council, Cumbria Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Armstrong Watson, Svenska Handelsbanken, Napthens Solicitors, Harrison Drury Solicitors and Wray Castle.
- Impressive entrance and reception area
- Friendly concierge service
- DDA compliant lift
- Suspended ceilings incorporating LG3 lighting
- Energy efficient VRV heating and cooling
- Raised access floors carpeted throughout with floor boxes
- Audio visual door entry and fob system
- CCTV security
- Excellent views over the River Kent
The accommodation provides the following approximate net internal area measurements:
First Floor East Wing Suite C 142.60m2 (1,535 sq ft)
There will be allocated car parking spaces within the ground floor secure car park included within the lease.
The property is available by way of new Full Repairing & Insuring lease by way of a service charge for a number of years to be agreed and at an attractive commencing rental of £18,000 per annum exclusive.
There is a service charge levied to recover the cost of the management and upkeep of the common areas of Bridge Mills. The service charge payable for 2018-2019 is circa £4.10 per sq ft per annum exclusive.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understood from the VOA website that the office suite has a Rateable Value of £17,250.
The current Uniform Business Rate is 49.3p in the pound for the year 2018/19.
Small business rate relief may be available to prospective tenants who should check the exact rates payable with South Lakeland District Council – Tel: 08450504434.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate has been produced for the premises and is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Windermere Office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley, [email protected]
Joe Ellis, [email protected]
Tel: 01539 448811
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
- No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
- These particulars were prepared in September 2018.h
Situated in the central business district of Kendal town centre
Suite C provides approximately 1,535 sq ft within one of Kendal’s premier office buildings
Overlooking the River Kent and benefiting from dedicated on site car parking
Rental – £18,000 per annum exclusive