Castle Retail Park, Ullswater Road, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7GS
- Brand New Retail Warehouse Units occupying a High Profile Location and situated within the thriving market town of Penrith.
- Extending an established highly successful retail park.
- Occupiers include B&Q, Pets at Home, Aldi and Halfords.
- Rental equating to £16.00 per sq ft per annum.
The Northern Gateway to The Lakes and North Cumbria
The Castle Retail park development is situated on Ullswater Road (A592), Penrith with direct access from Junction 40 of the M6 motorway.
Penrith is an affluent market town with a substantial hinterland, and is well located as the northern gateway to The Lake District National Park on the busy A6/A66 (east/west) and M6 (north/south) intersection.
The A592 Ullswater Road is the principal access to the town centre with an average daily flow of 10,000 vehicles in each direction. The M6 Junction 40/A66 interchange attracts an average traffic flow of 34,352 vehicles per day (figures from Enterprise Mouchel 2010).
Distances to Penrith:
Carlisle 18 Miles
Keswick 18 Miles
Kendal 28 Miles
Scotch Corner 50 Miles
An extension to an established highly successful retail park.
The existing park includes Aldi and Halfords and the latest phase has attracted pre-lets to B&Q and Pets at Home. An already established and successful retail location, boasting prominence and strong transports links by road and rail. ‘Penrith North Lakes’ Train Station is located immediately adjacent and is a regular stop on the West Coast Main Line.
The large extension, which has detailed planning permission, will provide a further 61,000 sq ft of high quality retail warehousing together with a total of 214 car parking spaces. B&Q will occupy 35,000 sq ft with garden centre/builders yard of 18,000sq ft and Pets at Home are to take 6,000 sq ft within the adjoining unit 6.
Vehicle access is directly from Ullswater Road with two separate access points and the benefit of a secure service vehicle route to the rear of the retail accommodation.
The available units provide attractive modern retail warehouse space with the following specification:
– Excellent visibility from Ullswater Road;
– Glazed frontage with dedicated prominent signage;
– Electric rear roller shutter loading facilities;
– Mains electricity, water and drainage directly into the units;
– Car parking for a total of 357 vehicles;
– Internal clear height of 6.50 metres;
– Minimum unit width of 14.52 metres.
Following letting to B&Q, Pets at Home, Carpetright and Halfords there is one unit available providing approximately 6,000 sq ft which is positioned within the heart of the scheme.
Planning permission allows for A1 Bulky Goods retail use.
Units are available subject to full repairing and insuring leases for a term to be agreed at a rental equating to £15.00 per sq ft per annum.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Further details available and viewing by prior appointment with the Carlisle Office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley, [email protected]
John Raven, [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
• Brand New Retail Warehouse Units occupying a High Profile Location and situated within the thriving market town of Penrith.
• Extending an established highly successful retail park.
• Occupiers include B&Q, Pets at Home, Carpetright, Aldi, Halfords and Iceland.