Cromwell Road, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7JW
Cromwell Road, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7JW
The subject property occupies a prominent location on Cromwell Road, just off the A592, one of the main arterial routes into Penrith Town Centre, Cumbria in the North West of England. Opposite lies Penrith Castle and adjacent is Penrith Railway Station. The area is a popular commercial location and is immediately adjacent to offices occupied by NFU Mutual. Castle Retail Park is also only a short distance away which houses a variety of national occupiers which include Iceland, B&Q, Home Bargains and Halfords.
Penrith is an attractive and affluent market town situated on the north east fringe of the Lake District National Park. It is well located being on Junction 40 of the M6 providing direct access north and south and to the A66 which leads west to the Lake District National Park and east to Scotch Corner and the A1(M).
Penrith has a resident population of approximately 15,000 (2011 Census) and is located within Eden District with a District population of over 51,000. Carlisle is approximately 20 miles to the north, Kendal 32 miles to the south and Keswick 18 miles to the west. Penrith has a train station on the main West Coast Line with direct services north to Carlisle and Glasgow and South to London Euston with a journey time of around 3 hours.
Cromwell Road is to the south of Penrith Town Centre and accessed via the A592 connecting directly to the M6 Junction 40/A66 interchange, less than a mile away.
The property comprises a single storey detached office building. Internally, the premises are arranged with a mixture of open plan and cellular offices, meeting rooms, kitchen area, male and female WC’s and disabled WC. The offices features:
• Carpeted floors
• Plastered painted walls
• Suspended ceiling incorporating recessed diffused spot lighting
• Gas central heating
• Timber framed double glazed windows
• Wall mounted and skirting radiators
• Full alarm system
Externally, there are 12 car parking spaces to the front, a rear enclosed tarmacadam yard accessed via a timber gate and surrounded by timber fencing providing loading and access to the boiler and services room.
It is understood that the property has mains supplies of electricity, gas, water and is connected to the mains drainage and sewerage systems.
It is understood that the premises provide the following approximate net internal areas:
Ground Floor 165.95 m² (1,786 sq ft)
The premises are available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a term to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £22,000 per annum exclusive.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understood from the VOA website that the premises have a Rateable Value of £18,500.
The current Uniform Business Rate is 50.4 pence in the pound, which would equate to rates payable on the property of approximately £9,325 per annum. Prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable with Eden District Council – Tel: 01768 817817.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
The property has an Energy Performance Asset Rating of C53 and a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate is available upon request.
Each party is to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Windermere office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
Joe Ellis – [email protected]
Suzie Barron – [email protected]
John Haley – [email protected]
Tel: 015394 48811
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in October 2019.
• Modern well-presented detached office building with 12 car parking spaces
• Net Internal Area of 165.95 sq m (1,786 sq ft)
• Suitable for alternative uses, subject to planning
• Available via a new Full Repairing & Insuring Lease
• Rental – £22,000 per annum exclusive