Englishgate Plaza, Botchergate, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA1 1RP
The subject property is situated on the A6 Botchergate to the south east of Carlisle City Centre. The A6 provides direct access to Junction 42 of the M6 approximately 3 miles to the south east, the Carlisle City Centre retail core immediately to the north and Carlisle Central Train Station is less than 100m to the west. Botchergate provides a vibrant mixed use area with a number of retail and leisure facilities within the immediate vicinity and commercial occupiers including Riverside Housing and Cumbria County Council who are currently constructing a new headquarter office building, a short distance to the south east of the subject property.
Carlisle is based on the Virgin rail link between Glasgow and London Euston as well as being in close proximity to Newcastle International Airport approximately one hour away along the A69. The city has a resident population of 73,000 and an estimated catchment population of 235,000. It is the dominant shopping location and administrative centre in the county and the borders.
Englishgate Plaza is a modern office development providing an imposing three storey building with retail users at ground floor and first and second floor offices. The accommodation is accessed from a dedicated atrium and secure rear car park. The available offices are situated at second floor with stair and lift access.
The offices provide open plan space with carpeted floors, IT trunking, suspended ceilings with recessed fluorescent lighting and good floor to ceiling heights and aluminium framed double glazed windows with tilt and open units.
There is a generous well fitted break out area, good toilet facilities and an onsite management service. Dedicated car parking is available immediately adjacent to the building and 24 hour access is afforded via an electronic fob system.
It is understood the premises provide the following approximate net internal areas:
Suite 3, Second Floor 378.57m² (4,073 sq ft)
Suite 4, Second Floor 381.07m² (4,102 sq ft)
Total 759.64m² (8,177 sq ft)
Further accommodation ranging from 3,000 sq ft up to 14,000 sq ft could be made available, further details upon application.
It is understood from the VOA website that Suites 3&4, Second Floor Englishgate Plaza have a Rateable Value of £75,000. The premises will need to be reassessed if the office suites are to be split, further information is available from the Business Rates Department at Carlisle City Council – Tel: 01228 817000.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate has been produced for the premises confirming an Energy Asset Rating of D83. A full copy is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
The accommodation is available by way of a new full repairing and insuring lease via a service charge for a term to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £10 per sq ft per annum exclusive.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party is to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the letting documentation together with any VAT thereon.
Viewing of the property is strictly by appointment through Edwin Thompson. For further information contact:
John Haley – [email protected]
Joe Ellis – [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in August 2015
High Profile and Good Access to Carlisle City Core, Central Station & the M6.
Modern Open Plan Offices with comfort cooling
Accommodation available from approximately 4,000 sq ft with on-site dedicated car parking
Rental – £10 per sq ft per annum exclusive.