Berwick upon Tweed
Former Seton Hall Care Home, Ord Road, Tweedmouth, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Northumberland, TD15 2UT
|City||Berwick upon Tweed|
This potential development opportunity is situated adjacent to the A698, less than 1 mile south west of Berwick-upon-Tweed Town Centre. Berwick-upon-Tweed is regarded as the principle market town for Northumberland and the East Scottish Borders and is positioned equidistance (approximately 60 miles) between Edinburgh to the north and Newcastle upon Tyne to the south.
Modern Berwick-upon-Tweed with a population of 12,043 (2011 Census) provides an attractive coastal location with a significant tourist industry and the population is understood to more than double in the summer season.
Berwick-upon-Tweed is served by both the A1 providing access north and south and by the East Coast Main Railway Line with GNER offering regular services to Edinburgh and Newcastle upon Tyne (approximately 45 minutes) and London (approximately 4 hours).
The subject site is situated adjacent to the A698 and Berwick-upon-Tweed Fire Station, opposite Tweedmouth Trading Estate. The town centre is less than 1 mile to the north east and the A698/A1 Junction is circa 1 mile to the south west.
The subject site extends to some 1.97 hectares (4.88 acres) with frontage to the A698 and bounded by mature hedging on the north western and western boundaries, part arable land and commercial on the south western boundaries and a fire station in the south west corner of the site.
The land is currently arranged with a 47 bedroom former care home to the north east corner of the site which is accessed via a private tarmacadam road that runs from the A698 up the north east boundary of the land. The remainder of the site comprises predominantly agricultural land.
The former care home which is predominantly two storey has now become surplus to requirements and therefore the land and buildings offer a potential development opportunity which may include out of town retail, commercial or residential, subject to planning, and is being offered for sale with vacant possession.
The purchaser/developer will be responsible for any necessary assessment of ground conditions and will need to satisfy themselves that development can take place safely.
The former care home is connected to mains water, electricity, gas and foul and surface water drainage systems and therefore it is assumed that all mains services are available adjacent or close to the site, however interested parties are advised to rely upon their own enquiries. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to determine the exact position of existing services and to arrange for any modification/connection of these to the development in consultation with the relevant services providers.
Offers invited for the freehold interest with vacant possession by 12 noon Tuesday 12th July 2016.
Offers should be sent to John Haley at the Carlisle office of Edwin Thompson, FIFTEEN Rosehill, Montgomery Way, Carlisle, Cumbria CA1 2RW and should include the full title of the purchaser, proof of funding, proposed use, any conditions attached to the offer and acting solicitor details. The offer envelopes should not reveal the sender's identity.
Please note that our Client is not obliged to accept the highest or any offer, without prejudice and subject to contract.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION
Further information and arrangements to view the site can be made via Edwin Thompson:
John Haley – [email protected], Tel: 01228 548385
Simon Sanderson ﾖ [email protected], Tel: 01896 751300
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in May 2016.
Development Opportunity For Sale
Potential development site extending to 1.97 hectares (4.88 acres)
Excellent location adjacent to the A698 with good access to Berwick-upon-Tweed Town Centre and the A1
Offers invited for the Freehold Interest by 12 July 2016