Land adjacent to Frizington Veteran’s Club
Land adjacent to Frizington Veteran's Club, Frizington, Cumbria CA26 3PU
The subject land is located on Lindow Street in Frizington, Cumbria and close to the west Cumbrian town of Whitehaven.
Frizington is a village in Cumbria, North West England that was unified from a collection of farms and houses as a result of the mining of both coal and iron ore in the area. The village is known for its church, which was built in 1867-1868 and is historically part of the civil parish of Arlecdon and Frizington. The parish has a population of 3,678 (2011 Census) and forms part of the Borough of Copeland.
Frizington lies adjacent and just outside the western boundary of the Lake District National Park and is accessed via the B5295 which links to the A595, approximately 4 miles away, providing access to Whitehaven circa 5 miles to the east, north to Workington, Cockermouth and the A66 all being approximately 11 miles away, and south to Egremont and Sellafield which is around 10 miles away.
Whitehaven provides a range of local retail and supermarket facilities and is a local administration centre serving a wide rural area including the West part of the Lake District. The town has a well-developed Harbour and Marina which is now predominantly occupied by Leisure Craft. The town has benefited from substantial inward investment in recent years to improve the Harbour and Marina facilities and the waterfront in general. The area has benefited from significantly inward investment from Britain’s Energy Coast including a new 100,000 sq ft office building in Whitehaven town centre for approximately 1,000 staff from the nearby Sellafield Nuclear Power Station.
The subject site is situated in the centre of Frizington with residential properties located directly to the north, east and west. Access is taken from Main Street along Yeathouse Road and connecting to Lindow Street.
The site is situated adjacent to the existing Frizington Veteran’s Club and is currently used as car parking. The land currently comprises tarmacadam hard-standing and has residential dwellings to the north, west and east and extends to some 0.12 hectares (0.3 acres).
The site benefits from outline planning permission (Copeland Borough Council reference number 4/11/2405/001) for the development of 5 No. three bedroom terraced houses arranged over three floors and with associated car parking. Briefly the accommodation comprises ground floor WC, hallway and dining/kitchen, first floor living room, family bathroom and 1 No. double bedroom and the second floor provides two further double bedrooms. The development will provide 5 private car ports to the rear of the properties all being accessed via Martin Way.
Prospective purchasers should discuss land uses directly with Copeland Borough Council – 0191 643 2310.
The purchaser will be responsible for any necessary assessment of ground conditions and will need to satisfy themselves that development can take place safely.
We understand that all mains services are available on or adjacent to the subject site. Interested parties are advised to make their own enquiries into the services available on site and it will be the responsibility of the purchaser to determine the exact position of existing services and to arrange for any modification/connection of these to the development in consultation with the relevant services providers.
Offers are invited for the freehold interest of the land with vacant possession with a guide price of £75,000.
Please note that our client is not obliged to accept the highest or any offer without prejudice and subject to contract.
We have been advised that the land is not elected for VAT and VAT will therefore not payable on the purchase price.
Each party will bear their own costs in the preparation of the sale contract and counterpart documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The purchaser will be responsible for any legal fees/professional fees/architect fees/investigation fees together with any VAT thereon incurred in the preparation/offer/acquisition of the site.
VIEWING AND FURTHER INFORMATION
The site is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle Office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley, [email protected]n-thompson.co.uk,
Joe Ellis, [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in July 2015.
• Total site area of approximately 0.12 Hectares (0.3 Acres)
• Residential development land included in the Copeland Local Plan, and with outline planning permission for the development of 5 No. three bedroom terraced houses with associated car parking
• Offers invited for the freehold interest at a guide price of £75,000