Land at Deer Park, Kingmoor Road, Carlisle, Cumbria CA3 9RP
This exclusive development opportunity is situated off Kingmoor Road, being the principal service road into the Etterby district of Carlisle, 1.5 miles northwest of the city centre and 2 miles from Junction 44 of the M6 motorway.
The site benefits from good local amenities including a primary and secondary school, shops, Kingstown Industrial Estate, Kingstown Retail Park, and an Asda Superstore.
The City of Carlisle has a residential population of 75,000 and an estimated catchment population of 235,000. As well as being the dominant shopping location, it is also the administrative centre in Cumbria and the Borders. Carlisle is based on the Virgin Rail Link between Glasgow and London Euston. Newcastle International Airport is approximately 50 minutes away reached via the A69.
The subject site is situated on the outskirts of Stanwix with the Kingmoor Nature Reserve located directly to the north and residential to the south and east. Access is taken from Kingmoor Road which in turn connects directly with the Carlisle Northern Development Route, the new bypass connecting the M6, A689, A69, A7, and A595 to West Cumbria, Scotland and the North East.
The subject site extends to some 3.96 hectares (9.79 acres) with frontage to Kingmoor Road and bounded by mature landscaping and trees on the western and southern boundaries. The land is the site of the former Deer Park mansion house built by the Caledonian Railway Company in 1871 and now provides a Brownfield site with potential for residential development, subject to planning.
The land is included within Carlisle City Council’s SHLAA (Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment) and their existing Local Plan, described as a Brownfield site of 3.96 hectares (9.79 acres) and suitable for the development of 60 dwellings. Further information available from Carlisle City Council, Tel. 01228 817200.
The developer will be responsible for any necessary assessment of ground conditions and will need to satisfy themselves that development can take place safely.
It is understood that all mains services are available adjacent or close to the site, however interested parties are advised to rely upon their own enquiries. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to determine the exact position of existing services and to arrange for any modification/connection of these to the development in consultation with the relevant services providers.
Offers are invited for the freehold interest with vacant possession.
Please note that our clients are not obliged to accept the highest or any offer without prejudice and subject to contract.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The site is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle Office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley, [email protected],
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
- No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
- These particulars were prepared in August 2016.
- Brownfield site extending to 3.96 hectares (9.79 acres)
- Prime development land included in Carlisle City Council Local Plan, proposed for residential use
- Offers invited for the freehold interest