Land at Stonehouse Farm
Land at Stonehouse Farm, Hayton, Nr Brampton, Cumbria CA8 9JE
This exclusive development opportunity is situated in the attractive Cumbrian village of Hayton, 3 miles south of Brampton and 7 miles to the east of Carlisle. Hayton is a small traditional farming village benefiting from good local amenities including a school, village shop and public house.
The nearby City of Carlisle has a residential population of 75,000 and an estimated catchment population of 235,000. As well as being the dominant shopping location, it is also the administrative centre in Cumbria and the Borders.
Hayton is located close to A69 providing excellent road access to the north-east and Junction 43 of the M6 just 5 miles away. Carlisle is based on the Virgin Rail Link between Glasgow and London Euston and there is a direct train line to Newcastle run by Northern Rail, the nearest station being at Brampton only 3 miles away. Newcastle International Airport is approximately 45 minutes away reached via the A69.
The subject site is situated at Stonehouse Farm on the eastern side of Hayton village and adjacent to The Woodlands. Access is taken through the main village road and through The Woodlands arriving at the farm steading development.
The subject site comprises former farm buildings and steading at Stonehouse Farm and were built in the late 19th Century of predominantly red sandstone with slate roofs.
The site benefits from a detailed planning permission (Carlisle City Council reference number 14/0725) for the development of 7 large executive dwellings and associated infrastructure and details as follows:
1 No. four bed semi-detached with car parking space
1 No. three bed semi-detached with car parking space
1 No. detached four bed with attached double garage and detached garage and car parking space
2 No. detached four bed property with attached double garage and car parking space
2 No. detached four bed with car parking space
The developer will be responsible for any necessary assessment of ground conditions and will need to satisfy themselves that development can take place safely.
It is understood that all mains services are available at the entrance to the site adjacent to The Woodlands. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to determine the exact position of existing services and to arrange for any modification/connection of these to the development in consultation with the relevant services providers.
Offers are invited for the freehold interest with the benefit of the detailed planning permission (Carlisle City Council ref 14/0725).
Alternatively, consideration will be given to a joint venture agreement, further information upon application.
Please note that our clients are not obliged to accept the highest or any offer without prejudice and subject to contract.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The site is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle Office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley, [email protected],
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in April 2015.
Detailed planning permission for the development of 7 residential dwellings on approximately 1.78 acres adjacent to the desirable Woodlands executive scheme.
Offers invited for the freehold of the land or alternatively consideration will be given to a joint venture agreement.