Land at The How, How Mill, Nr Hayton, Cumbria CA8 9JY
This exclusive development opportunity is situated in the attractive Cumbrian village of How Mill, 4 miles south of Brampton and 7 miles to the east of Carlisle. How Mill is a small traditional farming village and is part of a cluster of settlements including Hayton which is 1 mile to the north providing good local amenities including a school, village shop and public house and Heads Nook which is circa 1.5 miles to the south west.
The nearby City of Carlisle has a residential population of 75,000 and an estimated catchment population of 235,000. As well as being the dominant shopping location, it is also the administrative centre in Cumbria and the Borders. Brampton has an approximate population of 4,600 and benefits from good local facilities including the popular William Howard Secondary School, a bustling town centre with a range of shops and leisure facilities being regarded as a desirable place to live.
How Mill is located close to the A69 providing excellent road access to the north-east and Junction 43 of the M6 just 5 miles away. Carlisle is based on the Virgin Rail Link between Glasgow and London Euston and there is a direct train line to Newcastle run by Northern Rail, the nearest station being at Brampton only 3 miles away. Newcastle International Airport is approximately 45 minutes away reached via the A69.
The subject site is situated on the north western side of How Mill and adjacent to a number of residential properties. Access is taken directly from the main road travelling through the village to the north.
The subject site comprises former agricultural buildings and concrete hard-standing benefiting from picturesque and open views to the Lake District Fells. The site is bounded by residential dwellings to the east, open farmland to the south and west and the access road, open farmland and traditional stone barns to the north.
The site has outline planning permission (Carlisle City Council reference number 15/0650) for the demolition of the existing redundant farm buildings and development to residential dwellings. The land is likely to be suitable for 4-5 houses with associated gardens, landscaping and car parking.
The developer will be responsible for any necessary assessment of ground conditions and will need to satisfy themselves that development can take place safely.
It is understood that mains electricity, water and the drainage/sewerage network are available within How Mill. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to determine the exact position of existing services and to arrange for any modification/connection of these to the development in consultation with the relevant services providers.
Offers are invited for the freehold interest with the benefit of the outline planning permission (Carlisle City Council ref 15/0650).
Please note that our Client is not obliged to accept the highest or any offer without prejudice and subject to contract.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The site is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle Office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley, [email protected],
Joe Ellis, [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
- No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
- These particulars were prepared in June 2016.
For Sale – An Exciting Development Opportunity
- Outline planning permission for the development of 4-5 residential dwellings on approximately 0.61 acres within the desirable village of How Mill
- Panoramic views over open farmland west to the Lakeland Fells and north to the Scottish Border hills
- Offers invited for the freehold interest with a guide price of £300,000 exclusive