A Large Self-Contained Office Building To Let
New Oxford Street, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 2LW
£64,000 per year
|Price||£64,000 per year|
The property is situated on New Oxford Street and directly to the west of Washington Square Shopping Centre in Workington.
The town of Workington lies on the West Cumbrian Coastline, at the mouth of the River Derwent. It is within the borough of Allerdale, and is some 32 miles southwest of the City of Carlisle, 7 miles northwest of Cockermouth and 5 miles southwest of Maryport. Allerdale is one of three borough councils within Cumbria.
The A596 road links with Maryport and the A595 south to Whitehaven. The A66 travels east to Cockermouth and beyond to the M6 Motorway at Penrith. The Cumbrian coast rail line provides a connection to the mainline station at Carlisle.
The property lies within the central retail area of Workington on the busy thoroughfare of Oxford Street. Washington Square, directly to the west, is a town centre scheme and is anchored by Debenhams. Other retailers include Deichmann Shoes, H&M, Bon Marche, Greggs, Clinton Cards, Costa Coffee, H M Samuel, Laura Ashley, New Look, Next, Poundland, River Island, Edinburgh Woolen Mill, O2 and Vodafone.
The subject property provides a three storey detached office building with pedestrian access from Oxford Street and a dedicated secure car park to the rear of the property. The property was constructed in the 1960s and is of brick construction with a flat roof.
The premises provides accommodation over three floors with a mix of open plan and cellular office space. The premises in general is carpeted throughout, has suspended ceilings incorporating recessed fluorescent lighting and is heated via wall mounted radiators.
There are Male, Female and Disabled WC facilities within the core of the building and a dedicated lift to access all floors. There is a ramped entrance to the front of the property.
There is a single storey annex property which incorporates offices, meeting rooms, kitchen, WC’s and it fitted to a similar specification as the main building.
A private car park accessed from Central Way provides 34 secure spaces including 2 disabled spaces
We understand the premises provide the following approximate internal measurements:
Lower Ground 360.93m² 3,885sq ft
Ground 397.96m² 4,284sq ft
First Floor 303.76m² 3,270sq ft
Annex 129.87m² 1,398sq ft
Total 1,192.52m² 12,836sq ft
The premises are available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a term to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £64,000 per annum exclusive.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
We understand from the VOA website that the premises have a Rateable Value of £63,500.
The current Uniform Business Rate (2017/2018) is 47.9 pence in the pound, which would equate to rates payable on the whole of the property of approximately £30,415 per annum. Prospective tenants or purchasers should check the exact rates payable with Allerdale Borough Council – Tel: 0303 123 1702.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate has been produced for the premises and a full copy is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
Each party is to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley – [email protected]
Joe Ellis – [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in November 2017.
The property is prominently located on New Oxford Street in Workington Town Centre and provides approximately 12,836 sq ft of office accommodation with the benefit of secure car parking.