Methven, Rockcliffe, Nr Carlisle, Cumbria CA6 4AA
Methven house is situated in the attractive and popular village of Rockliffe, circa 5 miles north of Carlisle City Centre and 5 miles south of Gretna. Rockcliffe has an approximate population of 733 and benefits from local facilities including a public house, village hall, village shop and a primary school. The village is well placed for access to the main road network being within 3 miles of Junction 44 of the M6 Motorway and 3 miles from the A689 which leads to Brampton, the A69 and the north east. Carlisle is based on the Virgin Rail Link between Glasgow and London Euston and there is a direct train line to Newcastle run by Northern Rail, the nearest station being Carlisle Central Station. Newcastle International Airport is approximately an hour away reached via the A69.
Methven is accessed just off the main road running through the village, down a lane adjacent to the village public house.
The subject property comprises a two-storey, three bedroom detached property with associated outbuildings and gardens. The property in the main is of brick and block construction with rendered elevations, a pitched slate roof and stone outbuilding to the western elevation. The premises benefit from a private location and offers an interesting renovation project.
Internally, the property is currently arranged as ground floor Living Room (4.24m x 4.29m) with timber front door, exposed timber floors, timber framed single glazed window and leads to the sitting room, kitchen and laundry room.
Sitting Room (4.16m x 2.98m) has exposed timber floors, plaster board walls and timber framed single glazed window.
There is a lobby area (1.81m x 2.29m) providing access to Kitchen (2.31m x 3.32m) with exposed walls, solid concrete floors and plumbing for kitchen facilities.
The Laundry Room (2.24m x 2.05m) has exposed plaster walls, solid concrete floors, plumbing for boiler and original sandstone storage platform.
Bedroom 1 (4.26m x 3.09m) has exposed plaster walls, two built-in cupboards, exposed timber floors and front aspect to countryside views.
Bedroom 2 (4.34m x 4.38m) has exposed plaster walls, has two built-in cupboards, original open fireplace and front aspect to countryside views.
Bedroom 3 (3.43m x 2.34m) has exposed plaster walls, rear and side timber framed single glazed windows and part exposed timber floor/part exposed floors joists.
Bathroom (2.11m x 2.27m and 0.87m x 0.84m) has exposed plaster walls, timber framed single glazed window with rear aspect and part exposed timber floor/part exposed floor joists.
Externally, there is a side and rear garden, an attached stone built outbuilding and two car parking spaces within the adjacent public house car park.
It is understood that the property has mains supplies of electricity and water and is connected to the mains drainage and sewerage systems. It should be noted the property is currently in shell condition.
The services have not been tested and prospective purchasers should check with the relevant service providers to satisfy themselves of the connections available.
COUNCIL TAX BAND
It is understood that the property is assessed with a current Council Tax Band C with rates payable for 2013/2014 of £1,398.24. Prospective purchasers can check the exact rates payable with Carlisle City Council – Tel: 01228 817000.
The land and property shown edged red on the attached plan will be sold freehold.
There is a public right of way that runs immediately in front of the house and vehicle access is required to an adjacent garage. The right of way is to be kept clear at all times and no vehicles are to be parked on the right of way.
The property is offered at a guide price of £100,000 exclusive for the freehold interest with vacant possession.
Please note that our client is not obliged to accept the highest or any offer without prejudice and subject to contract.
It has been advised that the property is not elected for VAT.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate has been produced for the premises advising a current Energy Performance Asset Rating of G. A full copy is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of any sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view strictly by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP. Unaccompanied access should not be taken on to the site for health and safety reasons. Please contact the Carlisle Office:
John Haley, [email protected]
Joe Ellis, [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in September 2014.
• Three bedroom detached house with side and rear gardens in need of renovation
• Situated in the desirable village of Rockcliffe
• Mature and quiet situation
• Guide Price of £90,000 exclusive for the Freehold Interest