Newton House, Newton Road, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 9EE
The subject land and property is situated in Penrith, an attractive and affluent market town situated to the north east fringe of the Lake District. Penrith is well located being adjacent to Junction 40 of the M6 providing direct access north and south connecting with the A66 which leads west to the Lake District National Park and east to Scotch Corner and the A1(M). The town has a resident population of approximately 15,000 (2011 Census) and is located within Eden having a district population of over 51,000. Carlisle is approximately 20 miles to the north, Kendal 32 miles to the south and Keswick 18 miles to the west. Penrith has a train station on the Main West Coast Line which provides direct services north to Carlisle and Glasgow and South to London Euston with a journey time of around 3 hours.
The land and premises are accessed via the B5288 Newton Road which in turn leads to Haweswater Road connecting directly to the A592 and the M6 Junction 40/A66 interchange approximately 1 mile away. The site is situated immediately to the south of Newton Road, the main route that travels from east to west within Castletown Residential Area and to the west of Penrith town centre.
The subject land and property comprise a former Abbeyfield Sheltered Housing premises with associated gardens to the north, south, east and west bounded in part by mature landscaping and having a parking area to the western boundary. The site is situated within a predominantly residential area with residential dwellings to the east, west and south and the access road, Gilwilly Industrial Estate and further residential premises to the north.
The sale of the land provides a potential development opportunity with a total site area of circa 0.52 ha (1.29 acres) of land situated in an accessible location and benefitting from a recent upgrade to the road network immediately to the north.
It is understood that the land is held on two separate titles, further information can be provided on application.
Prospective purchasers will be responsible for any necessary assessment of ground conditions and will need to satisfy themselves that development can take place safely.
Prospective purchasers should check directly with Eden District Council Planning Department regarding alternative uses and proposals for the land/building ﾖ Tel: 01768 817817.
It is understood that mains electricity, gas, water and the drainage/sewerage network are available to the subject site. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to determine the exact position of existing services and to arrange for any modification/connection of these to the development in consultation with the relevant services providers.
The site offers development potential, subject to planning and offers are invited for the freehold interest with vacant possession.
Please note that our Client is not obliged to accept the highest or any offer without prejudice and subject to contract.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The site is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle Office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley, [email protected]
Joe Ellis, [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in July 2016.
For Sale ﾖ Potential Development Opportunity
A prominent Former Sheltered Housing premises situated on a site of approximately 1.29 acres
Potential for re-development, subject to planning
Attractive location adjoining the western aspect of Castletown Residential Area within the market town of Penrith
Offers invited for the freehold interest