Orange Hall, 49 Ramsden Street, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria LA14 2HH
Barrow-in-Furness is situated on the southern tip of Cumbria, to the north of Morecambe Bay and only 20 minutes from The Lake District. Barrow’s principal road link is the A590, linking it to Ulverston, The Lake District and the M6 motorway.
The town is a sub regional centre with a very well defined catchment population in excess of 100,000 incorporating neighbouring towns such as Dalton, Ulverston and Millom.
The Orange Hall building is situated at the junction of School Street and Ramsden Street, a short distance to the south east of Barrow Town Centre. School Street travels north to the town centre including Dalton Road, The Indoor Market, the Town Hall and Forum 28 all of which are within 300 metres and Portland Walk Shopping Mall which is within 500 metres.
Ramsden Street connects with the A5087 Hindpool Road which travels north west to the A590, the main arterial route in and out of Barrow-in-Furness. There is a Morrisons Supermarket 200 metres to the south west, BAE Systems and Barrow Docks all within 500 metres to the west and Hollywood Park, Tesco and a number of out of town multiples are all within half a mile to the north west.
The property provides a single storey warehouse premises formally used as a print-works, being of brick construction and rendered, with a pitched slate roof and having a rear off-shot and yard.
Internally, the accommodation is arranged as entrance foyer, former kitchen and open plan warehouse. The property has timber flooring, plaster painted walls and a suspended ceiling.
It is understood that the property provides the following approximate gross internal floor areas:
Ground Floor Warehouse 103.74m2 (1,117sq ft)
It is understood that mains electricity, water and mains drainage are available on or adjacent to the site. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to determine the exact position of existing services and to arrange for any modification/connection of these to the land and property in consultation with the relevant services providers.
It is understand from the VOA website that the premises have a Rateable Value of £2,325.
The current Uniform Business Rate is 49.3 pence in the pound, which would equate to rates payable on the property of approximately £1,146 per annum. The property may qualify for small business rates relief and prospective purchasers should check the exact rates payable with Barrow Borough Council – Tel: 01229 876543.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate has been produced for the premises and a full copy is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
The land and property are offered on a sale basis at a purchase price of £65,000 exclusive.
All enquiries to sole agents Edwin Thompson.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
Viewing of the land and property is strictly by appointment only through Edwin Thompson. For further information contact:
John Haley – [email protected]
Joe Ellis – [email protected]o.uk
Tel: 01228 548 385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
- No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
- These particulars were prepared in April 2016.
Warehouse Premises For Sale
- Town Centre warehouse premises
- Corner high profile position
- Approximate Gross Internal Area 103.74m2 (1,117sq ft)
- Purchase Price – £65,000