Papcastle Depot, Papcastle Road, Nr Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 0LD
Papacastle Depot is situated to the north west of Cockermouth, 1 mile to the east and west of Great Broughton and Papcastle respectively and only 20 minutes from The Lake District National Park.
Cockermouth is set in attractive countryside and is one of Britainﾒs ﾓgemﾔ towns recognised for its importance as part of the national heritage. Workington is circa 9 miles to the west, Carlisle 26 miles to the north-east, Keswick 14 miles to the east and Penrith at Junction 40 of the M6 is 31 miles to the east, reached via the A66. The town has a population of circa 7,877 (2001 census), has a modest tourist trade and considered the north-west gateway to the Lakes.
The premises are situated part way up a private road accessed immediately off Papcastle Road and at the entrance to the former council quarry. The surrounding area provides mainly sparse residential housing and open farmland.
Papcastle Depot provides a recently refurbished industrial unit with associated ground floor offices, kitchen/staff room, WCs, mezzanine offices and storage with car parking, loading area and yard.
The property is of concrete framed construction with brick elevations and a pitched profile asbestos roof. The property incorporates ground floor and mezzanine offices/storage areas to the rear and side and a large warehouse to the front. The offices are fitted with plaster painted walls and ceilings, suspended fluorescent defused lighting and timber framed single glazed windows throughout.
The warehouse has solid concrete floors, inspection pit, mechanic ram (3 tonne), three phase compressor and a number of electricity points throughout the internal elevations. The premises benefit from glass roof lights, fluorescent downlighting, a front sliding loading door (4.25m high x 4.21m wide) and a front and side pedestrian access point. There is a single storey front extension which formally housed vehicle parts and incorporates a solid concrete floor, racking and the compressor.
Externally, there is a large tarmacadam car park and side hard-core storage land.
It is understood that the land and property provides the following approximate gross areas:
Ground Floor 342.84m2 (3,690 sq ft)
Mezzanine 66.26m2 (713 sq ft)
Total Approximate GIA 409.10m2 (4,403 sq ft)
Total Site Area 0.11 hectares (0.28 acres)
It is understood that the property has mains supplies of electricity, water and is connected to a private Klargester septic tank system for drainage and sewerage.
It is understand from the VOA website that the premises have a Rateable Value of £4,700.
The current Uniform Business Rate is 49.3 pence in the pound, which would equate to rates payable on the property of approximately £2,317 per annum. Prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable with Allerdale Borough Council – Tel: 01900 702702.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate has been produced for the premises and a full copy is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
The land and property are offered on a sale basis at a guide price of £140,000 exclusive.
All enquiries to sole agents Edwin Thompson.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the letting/sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
Viewing of the land and property is strictly by appointment only through Edwin Thompson. For further information contact:
John Haley – [email protected]
Joe Ellis – [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548 385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in September 2015.
Industrial Premises and Associated Yard For Sale
Substantial industrial premises with ground floor and mezzanine offices Gross Internal Area 409.10m2 (4,403 sq ft) on a site of approximately 0.28 acres.
Private Location and Excellent on-site car parking and loading
Good communication links to Cockermouth and the main A595 & A66 arterial roads.
Guide Price – ﾣ165,000