Self-Contained First Floor Unit Suitable For a Range of Uses To Let
Part First Floor, The Shearing Shed, Orton Grange, Nr Carlisle CA5 6LA
£6,000 per year
|Price||£6,000 per year|
Orton Grange is approximately 5 miles west of Carlisle and 7 miles east of Wigton. The premises are accessed via the A595, which is the main commuter route between Carlisle and West Cumbria. The nearest train station is situated less than 2 miles to the south west within the village of Dalston which offers a range of local amenities and services including a village pub, Co-op minimarket and a doctor’s surgery.
Carlisle is Cumbria’s primary retail and residential hub. It lies close to the Scottish Border and is adjacent to Junctions 42, 43 and 44 of the M6 motorway. It is also based on the Virgin Trains West Coast Main Line providing services between Glasgow and London Euston as well as being approximately 1 hour away from Newcastle Airport along the A69. The city has a population of 75,306 with a wider area population of 107,524 (2011 Census) and is a main administrative and retail centre for Cumbria.
The premises are situated within Orton Grange Café and Gifts complex, which includes a Cranston’s Food Hall, café, gift shop, indoor private hire swimming pool, The Shearing Shed hairdresser’s salon and a 360 acre dairy farm.
The offices are situated on the first floor of a converted solid stone and slate barn and are accessed via an external staircase at the rear of the building which leads into a self-contained entrance hallway. Internally the premises is well presented with a mixture of laminate and carpeted flooring and plaster painted walls and incorporates a main office/therapy room having base units with worktops and a stainless steel sink, a separate area which would lend itself to a waiting room/reception/office, a w/c, store room and a small kitchenette.
Externally there is private parking for one car and any visitors to the suite would utilise the customer car parking for the main shop and café.
The property is connected to mains water and electricity, whilst drainage is to a private septic tank. Central heating and hot water is provided by a biomass boiler.
The property provides the following approximate net internal area from our measurements:
First Floor Total Approximate NIA 25.66m2 (276 sq ft)
The premises are available at a commencing rental in the region of £6,000 per annum, inclusive of heating, hot water, electricity and drainage but exclusive of all other costs and with lease terms to be agreed.
It should be noted that our client is not obliged to accept the highest or any offer without prejudice and subject to contract.
All figures are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Upon occupation the property would be assessed for Business Rates purpose.
Small Business Rate Relief may apply and prospective tenants are encouraged to make enquiries with Carlisle City Council – Tel: 01228 817200.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
Alice Canham – [email protected]
Ben Wilde – [email protected]
Tel: 01228 458385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
- No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
- These particulars were prepared in July 2018.
- Self-contained first floor unit suitable for a range of uses
- Well located within the established Orton Grange complex on the A595 providing excellent access to Carlisle and West Cumbria
- Approximate Net Internal Area 25.66m2 (276 sq ft)
- Rental – offers invited in the region of £6,000 per annum