Potential Development Site, Borough Road, North Shields, Tyne & Wear, NE29 6JZ
The subject land is located on Borough Road in North Shields, Tyne & Wear and close to North Shields Fish Quay.
North Shields is a town situated on the north bank of the River Tyne in the metropolitan borough of North Tyneside and circa 8 miles east of Newcastle upon Tyne. The town has a population of approximately 35,000 and a district population of circa 196,000.
North Shields Fish Quay is situated circa 500 metres to the south east of the site and provides a mixed use area including residential, desirable restaurants and a lively commercial and fishing industry. The town centre is just a few minutes walk to the north and offers good shopping facilities.
The A19 providing road access north and south is accessed via the A187/A193 and is circa 1 mile to the west. North Shields has a dedicated Metro station which gives direct access to Newcastle City Centre, Newcastle Central Train Station and Newcastle International Airport.
The site is currently open land following the demolition of former buildings and has more recently been used for two large advertising hoardings. The land is on the south-west side of Borough Road and lies between Hatfield House, a modern residential development of 43 flats and The Old Custom House, an attractive residential conversion.
The land provides an approximate site area of 0.106 hectares (0.261 acres) and is divided by a pedestrian footbridge above Borough Road.
Enquiries to North Tyneside Council Planning Department have confirmed that the site is in a conservation area and is Brownfield land that has been previously developed. North Tyneside Council have advised that development of the site in principle is acceptable subject to planning.
Prospective purchasers should discuss land uses directly with North Tyneside Council ﾖ 0191 643 2310.
The purchaser will be responsible for any necessary assessment of ground conditions and will need to satisfy themselves that development can take place safely.
We understand that all mains services are available on or adjacent to the subject site. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to determine the exact position of existing services and to arrange for any modification/connection of these to the development in consultation with the relevant services providers.
Offers are invited for the freehold interest of the land with vacant possession with a guide price of ﾣ90,000 exclusive.
Please note that our clients are not obliged to accept the highest or any offer without prejudice and subject to contact.
We have been advised that the land is elected for VAT and VAT will be payable on the purchase price.
Each party will beat their own costs in the preparation of the sale contract and counterpart documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The purchaser will be responsible for any legal fees/professional fees/architect fees/investigation fees together with any VAT thereon incurred in the preparation/offer/acquisition of the site.
VIEWING AND FURTHER INFORMATION
The site can be viewed directly from Borough Road. For further information, please contact the Commercial Department of Edwin Thompson LLP.
Contact: John Haley
Tel: 01228 548 385
E-mail: [email protected]
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in January 2011.h
ﾕ Total site area of approximately 0.106 Hectares (0.261 Acres)
ﾕ Potential for residential development, subject to planning
ﾕ Offers invited for the freehold interest with a guide price of ﾣ90,000 exclusive