Quarry Rigg Shopping Centre, Bowness on Windermere, Cumbria
Quarry Rigg Shopping Centre, Bowness on Windermere Cumbria LA23 3DU
£1,000 per month
|Price||£1,000 per month|
|City||Bowness on Windermere|
The retail unit occupies a prime trading position within Quarry Rigg Shopping Centre – a thriving retail area in the heart of Bowness-on-Windermere. Bowness-on-Windermere is known as Cumbria’s most popular tourist destination and is effectively one large settlement with Windermere having a resident population of circa 12,000 (2011 Census).
Bowness-on-Windermere is situated in the Lake District National Park which was designated in 1951 and is the largest National Park in England. It covers 2,292 square kilometres and makes up a third of the total area of Cumbria with its boundaries extending across parts of Eden, Allerdale, South Lakeland and Copeland. The National Park has a population of 41,100 and Cumbria Tourism estimated that in 2016, Cumbria and the Lake District National Park received almost 40 million visitors, made up of 34.2 million day trippers and 5.4 million overnight visitors. These visitors brought in £2.2 billion to the region’s economy with a large amount focused on the sprawling lakeside town of Bowness-on-Windermere the hub of the lakes tourism trade.
Quarry Rigg Shopping Centre and the local vicinity boasts some of the leading high street retailers including, Laura Ashley, Tog 24, Edinburgh Woollen Mill, Pandora, Trespass as well as a variety of local gift shops, cafes and leisure outlets.
The premises forms part of a modern purpose built parade of retail units situated over ground floor and basement level and providing an open plan sales area with attractive glass/wood display frontages and a lower ground rear car park and loading access.
The property provides the following approximate net internal area measurements:
Ground Floor Sales 38.79m2 (444 sq ft)
Basement Ancillary 47.78m2 (514 sq ft)
The property is available by way of new Full Repairing & Insuring leases via a service charge for a number of years to be agreed and at an attractive commencing rental of £1,000 per calendar month.
There is a service charge of £349 per quarter per unit levied to recover the cost of the management and upkeep of external repairs, landscaping and insurance of Quarry Rigg.
All figures quoted are inclusive of VAT and therefore no VAT is payable
It is understood from the VOA website that the property has a Rateable Value of £8,500.
The current Uniform Business Rate is 49.7p in the pound for the year 2017/18.
Small business rate relief may be available to prospective tenants who should check the exact rates payable with South Lakeland District Council – Tel: 08450504434.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate has been produced for the premises and is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Windermere Office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley, [email protected]
Joe Ellis, [email protected]
Tel: 01539 448811
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in September 2017.h
Prime Shopping Centre Unit to Let
Well Located Ground Floor Retail Premises in Prime Tourist Area
Unit 56 – approximately 950 sq ft.
Occupiers include Laura Ashley, Age UK South Lakeland and a range of local vibrant operators
Rental – £1,000 per calendar month