Residential Development Opportunity For Sale
Land adjacent to Dunfell View, Kirkby Thore, Penrith, Cumbria CA10 1UU
Offers invited for the freehold interest At a Guide Price £575,000
This attractive development opportunity is situated in the village of Kirkby Thore, a short distance to the north of the A66 Trunk Road, Cumbria in the North West of England. Kirkby Thore is located around 5 miles north west of Appleby and has a population of 758 (2011 Census) with a primary school which is located immediately opposite the subject land, village shop and Post Office.
The village lies between the Pennines which are approximately 3 miles to the north east, The Yorkshire Dales National Park which is less than 5 miles to the south and the Lake District National Park around 7 miles to the west.
Appleby provides a range of local services including shops, restaurants, public houses and farmers markets and has a population of 3,048 (2011 Census). Appleby is a popular tourist town due to its historic, scenic location and proximity to the Lake District, The North Pennines, Swaledale & Howgill Fells.
Penrith is an affluent market town situated on the north east fringe of the Lake District. It is well located being on Junction 40 of the M6 providing direct access north and south and to the A66 which leads west to the Lake District National Park and east to Scotch Corner and the A1(M). The town has a resident population of approximately 15,181 (2011 Census) and is located within Eden District with a district population of over 51,000. Penrith has a range of local shops and supermarkets and a train station on the Main West Coast Line which provides direct services north to Carlisle and Glasgow and south to London Euston with a journey time of around 3 hours.
The subject site extends to approximately 0.74 hectares (1.83 acres) forming relatively level land fronting onto the main road that travels through the heart of Kirkby Thore leading from Priest Lane thorugh to Main Street.
The land is bounded by mature woodland, a large residential dwelling and St Michaels Church to the south east boundary, agricultural land to the north and north west and Kirkby Thore Primary School to the west.
The land was allocated for housing in Eden District Council’s Local Plan 1996 and the principle for residential development on site will be acceptable subject to planning. Eden District Council is in the process of developing a new Local Plan for the period 2014-2032 which proposes to retain the allocation and, subject to further consultation.
Eden District Council
Tel: 01768 817817
The developer will be responsible for any necessary assessment of ground conditions and will need to satisfy themselves that development can take place safely.
It is understood that all mains services are available adjacent or close to the site, however interested parties are advised to rely upon their own enquiries. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to determine the exact position of existing services and to arrange for any modification/connection of these to the development in consultation with the relevant services providers.
Offers are invited for the freehold interest with vacant possession and at a guide price of £575,000
Please note that our Client is not obliged to accept the highest or any offer without prejudice and subject to contract.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The site is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle Office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley, [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in November 2017.
Attractive Greenfield site extending to 0.74 hectares (1.83 acres)
Proposed development land included in the Eden District Council Local Plan
Offers invited for the freehold interest