Retail Warehouse To Let
Unit 4, London Road Retail Park, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA1 2PD
The property is situated on London Road Retail Park on the southern fringes of Carlisle city centre. The Park’s occupiers include Pets at Home, Pizza Hut, Laura Ashley and B&Q. Costa Coffee have also been granted permission for a new drive-through outlet on the park, which is due to open in mid-2019.
Carlisle has a population of 108,000, an estimated catchment of 235,000 and is the principal shopping location in Cumbria and the Borders. The Lake District National Park is less than 30 miles to the south west and Hadrian’s Wall National Trail runs through the city. The A6/London Road is one of the main arterial routes into Carlisle and the surrounding areas, with the city centre core and train station being 1 mile to the north west and the M6 Junction 42 being less than 2.5 miles to the east. Cumbria County Council have recently built and opened their new Headquarters on London Road, approximately half a mile from London Road Retail Park.
The city is currently thriving and potential inward investments include an outline proposal for a “garden village,” one of the most ambitious developments in the North of England which comprises plans for 10,000 new homes, various community facilities, schools, parks and the creation of new jobs and would connect with proposals for a new bypass road around the southern outskirts of the city. Carlisle Lake District Airport is approximately 8.5 miles to the north and is to offer domestic flights to London Southend, Dublin and Belfast from early 2019.
Unit 4 London Road Retail Park is a modern, purpose built, end of terrace retail warehouse unit providing approximately 8,160 sq ft of ground floor space. The unit comprises an open plan sales area, staff WC facilities, kitchen and separate office. The premises provide rear roller shutter access (4.30m height x 4.25m width) and has an overall minimum eaves height of 5.6m rising to 7.6m at the top of the steel frame. Externally, the Park provides over 400 parking spaces and there is a rear dedicated service lane to the loading access.
The accommodation is served with electric heating and air conditioning throughout and benefits from security and fire alarm systems.
The unit is separately metered for electricity and water.
The property provides the following approximate gross internal area:
758.29m² (8,160 sq ft)
The premises are available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease and for a term to be agreed.
Rental upon application.
There is a service charge levied to recover the cost of the management and upkeep of common areas of London Road Retail Park.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
The premises have an Energy Performance Asset Rating of B35. A copy of the certificate is available on request.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
The premises have a Rateable Value of £110,000. The current Uniform Business Rate is 49.3p in the pound, which would equate to rates payable per annum of approximately £54,230 exclusive.
Prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable with Carlisle City Council – Tel: 01228 817200.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle Office of Edwin Thompson LLP and Andrew Cherry of Avison Young. Contact:
John Haley: [email protected]
Alice Canham: [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Or alternatively joint agents:
Andrew Cherry: [email protected]
Tel: 020 74954321
Edwin Thompson and Avison Young for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson or Avison Young has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in August 2018.All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable
Prime Carlisle Retail Park
Occupiers include B&Q, Laura Ashley, Pizza Hut & Pets at Home
Modern unit with a GIA of 8,160 sq ft
Unit 4, London Road Retail Park, Carlisle, Cumbria CA1 2PD