Sand Aire House
Sand Aire House, Stramongate, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 4UJ
The subject property is situated on the corner of Stramongate and the A65 in Kendal town centre, Cumbria in the north west of England.
Kendal is the principal town of South Lakeland and is situated just outside of the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park only 6 miles from Junctions 36 and 37 of the M6 Motorway. The town has a resident population of 28,586 (2011 Census) and is a popular tourist destination being 10 miles south of Windermere. The town has a weighted retail catchment in excess of 50,000 people and a greater district catchment in excess of 102,000. The district’s Class Grouping indicates that in excess of 50% of the catchment area is of A, B or C demographic.
Oxenholme Train Station which is situated on the West Coast main railway line is located 4 miles to the south providing direct services to London (approximate journey time 2 hours 50 minutes) and Glasgow (1 hour 45 minutes).
Stramongate is one of the main routes leading into Kendal from the north and running from Wildman Street and the A6 Shap Road which travels on the Kendal one way system into the town centre. Junction 36 of the M6 is less than 8 miles away reached via the A5684 Windermere Road which in turn connects with the A591 or the A65 and A6 Milnthorpe Road again connecting up with the A591.
Sand Aire House was designed by Kendal’s leading architect George Webster and provides an attractive 19th Century traditional limestone building. The propery is constructed over 3 levels and split into a number of wings and self-contained offices with a large welcoming ground floor lobby.
The accommodation provides a mixture of open plan and cellular offices arranged at first floor having carpeted floors and strip fluorescent lighting, incorporating a number of original characteristics such as high ceilings, picture rails and large windows attracting a good level of natural light.
The offices offer the following approximate net internal areas:
Suite 2 147.86m2 (1,592 sq ft)
Suite 3 100.20m2 (1,079sq ft)
Total approximate net internal area: 248.06m2 (2,670 sq ft)
There is the potential to split the accommodation into smaller offices, subject to the agreement of an inclusive rental and terms to be agreed.
The premises are available by way of a new lease for a number of years to be agreed, at the following rentals:
Suite 2 £12,000 per annum
Suite 3 £8,500 per annum
There is a service charge levied to recover the cost of the external repairs, management and upkeep of common areas at Sand Aire House, further details on application.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understood from the VOA website that the office suites haves the following Rateable Values:
Suite 2 Rateable Value £10,750
Suite 3 Rateable Value £8,100
Prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable with South Lakeland District Council Tel: 08450504434.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate has been produced for the premises and a full copy is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle Office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley – [email protected]
Joe Ellis – [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in August 2016.
- Strategically located in Kendal town centre
- Office suites from approximately 168 sq ft – 2,670 sq ft
- Rents from £7.50 per sq ft per annum exclusive