The Former Skinburness Hotel, Skinburness, Silloth, Cumbria, CA7 4QY
Skinburness is a small Cumbrian village, just a mile from the coastal town of Silloth. The village is 11 miles from the A596, which provides excellent access to Maryport, Whitehaven and Workington in the west of Cumbria. Carlisle is just 25 miles away to the north east, with access to the M6 motorway network.
The village borders an area of Special Scientific Interest and boasts unspoilt beaches together with views across to the Scottish Borders. Nearby, Silloth is popular with tourists and local people throughout the year, having sandy beaches, a golf course, promenade, childrenﾒs play area and a large village green, which is often used to host local events such as the Music and Beer Festival and the Vintage Rally. The town is also popular with caravan and tourers as it hosts two caravan parks.
From the A596 at Wigton, take the right hand turn to the B5302, signposted ﾓSillothﾔ. Follow this road for approximately 8 miles, past Wheyrigg Hall Hotel on the right, through the villages of Abbeytown and Calvo, before taking the road on the right, signposted for ﾓSkinburnessﾔ. Follow this road for just under two miles and the Skinburness Hotel is on the right hand side of the road in the centre of the village.
The subject premises comprise of a unique opportunity to acquire a substantial former hotel premises, mainly built in the early 20th Century with parts dating back to the 19th Century.
The original building was designed by local architect Charles Ferguson in 1878 and was fully operational as a hotel until 2006. More recently, planning permission was granted for the demolition of the hotel and the construction of a 64 bedroom nursing home with landscaped grounds and parking, which expired in 2013.
The land and property offer an exciting development opportunity, suitable for a range of uses, subject to planning.
There is an expired planning permission for the Demolition of the existing hotel and the erection of a 3/2 storey 64 bed nursing home with associated access, car parking and landscaped garden areas.
Further details can be viewed on the Allerdale Borough Council Planning Portal, Application Reference 2/2010/0004.
The land/property may also offer the potential for development to other uses, subject to planning. Prospective purchasers should contact Allerdale Borough Council Planning Department with their enquiries ﾖ email: [email protected]
Or telephone: 01900 702702
It is understood that the site provides the following approximate gross areas:
Total Site Area 0.58 hectares (1.44 acres)
It is understood that mains services are available on or adjacent to the site. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to determine the exact position of existing services and to arrange for any modification/connection of these to the land and property in consultation with the relevant services providers.
The purchaser/developer will be responsible for any necessary assessment of ground conditions and will need to satisfy themselves that development can take place safety.
The land and property are offered on a sale basis for the freehold interest at a guide price of ﾣ250,000.
All enquiries to sole agents Edwin Thompson.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the letting/sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
Viewing of the land and property is strictly by appointment only through Edwin Thompson. For further information contact:
John Haley – [email protected]
Alice Canham – [email protected]
Joe Ellis ﾖ [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548 385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in April 2015.
Substantial former hotel premises, situated in approximately 0.58 Ha (1.44 acres).
Attractive Location and Excellent on-site car parking and grounds.
Development potential for a range of uses, subject to planning permission.
Situated on a high profile site adjacent to the West Cumbrian Coastline