TOWN CENTRE RE-DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY

North Trinity, Bowmont Street, Kelso, Scottish Borders, TD5 7JH

Offers over  £75,000


Quick Summary

Price £75,000
City Kelso
Status New
Size (Acres) 0.4
Beds
Bathroom
Garden
Parking Spaces
Period

Downloads


Contact

Galashiels Office
01896 751300

A Category B Listed Church and adjoining hall constructed in 1885/86 to a John Starforth design, providing and increasingly rare town centre re-development opportunity.

Prominent features include a four-stage angle buttressed tower over the gable porch to the southern end of the building; lanceted belfry; gabled transepts: and decorative detailing to ridge tiles to main roof. The tower is flanked by two storey circular stair towers with slated conical roofs, each with side entrances.

General Information
We are delighted to offer for sale this Category B Listed former Church and adjoining hall constructed in 1885/86 to a John Starforth design.

North Trinity Church occupies a prominent position on the corner of East Bowmont Street within Kelso town centre.

The subjects offer enormous potential for re-furbishment and conversion to a wide variety of alternative uses. Kelso is a buoyant market town with a population of approximately 6,300 located to the east of the central Borders. benefitting from a wide variety of shops, schools for all ages and excellent recreational facilities. The town acts as an important local centre serving a wide rural hinterland.

The settlement is located approximately 18 miles to the east of Galashiels, 44 miles south of Edinburgh.

Kelso is a sought after residential area.  The area is renowned for its quality of life boasting a wide range of attractions ranging from historic houses, abbeys and castles to internationally acclaimed fishing on the Tweed and its tributaries.

Recreational facilities in Kelso include an ice rink, swimming pool, health and fitness centres, golf courses including the Roxburgh Championship Course at Sunlaws, and national hunt racecourse.

Kelso is readily accessible with good road links to Edinburgh and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. There is a main line railway station approximately 25 miles east at Berwick-upon-Tweed and a new rail link between Tweedbank (14 miles west) and Edinburgh Waverley.

Description
A Category B Listed Gothic Church and adjoining hall constructed in 1885/86 to a John Starforth design.

Prominent features include a four-stage angle buttressed tower over the gable porch to the southern end of the building; lanceted belfry; gabled transepts: and decorative detailing to ridge tiles to main roof. The tower is flanked by two storey circular stair towers with slated conical roofs, each with side entrances

The building is need of refurbishment and upgrading but offers enormous potential for conversion to a wide range of alternative uses, subject to obtaining the necessary consents.

Area
Trinity North Church occupies a corner site extending to approximately 0.4 acres in total. The Church itself occupies the north eastern part of the site, adjacent to the Bowmont Street car park.

It is a substantial building with a footprint of between 550 sq m and 600 sq m.

Services
All mains services are understood to be available on or adjacent to the site, however, interested parties are advised to make their own enquiries in this regard.

Title
Absolute Ownership.

Rights and Burdens
This property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all rights of way, whether public or private, and any existing or proposed wayleaves, servitude rights, restrictions and burdens of whatever kind, whether referred to in these particulars or not.

Entry
On conclusion of legal missives.

VAT
Unless otherwise stated the prices quoted are exclusive of VAT. Any intending purchasers must satisfy themselves independently as to the instances of VAT in respect of any transaction.

Legal Costs
Each party will be responsible for their own legal costs incurred in connection with this transaction.

Viewing
By appointment with the sole agents:

Edwin Thompson, Chartered Surveyors
76 Overhaugh Street
Galashiels
TD1 1DP

Tel: 01896 751300
Fax:  01896 758883
Email:  [email protected]

A Category B Listed Church and adjoining hall constructed in 1885/86 to a John Starforth design, providing and increasingly rare town centre re-development opportunity.

Name (required)

Email (required)

Telephone (required)

Your Message

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER