2 Elephant Yard, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 4QQ
2 Elephant Yard, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 4QQ
£65,000 per year
|Price||£65,000 per year|
The market town of Kendal is situated in South Cumbria, 20 miles north of Lancaster, 50 miles south of Carlisle and approximately 70 miles north of Manchester. The town lies approximately 6 miles from Junction 36 of the M6 motorway and adjacent to the west coast main railway line.
Kendal, known as ‘The Gateway To The Lakes’ enjoys a significant tourist trade throughout the year and has a residential population of approximately 28,586 (2011 Cencus). The town has a catchment area of in excess of 50,000 people.
The retail unit occupies a prime trading position within the highly successful Elephant Yard – a thriving retail sector in the heart of Kendal. Elephant Yard boasts some of the leading high street retailers including Boots The Chemist, Next, Laura Ashley, Peacocks, Claires Accessories and Costa Coffee. Elephant Yard is managed as a fashion retail centre and is situated only 100m from the Marks and Spencer superstore boasting a peak season monthly footfall of 330,000 people and an annual figure grown year on year to in excess of 3.5 million people.
The attached GOAD plan shows the location of the premises shaded red (for identification purposes only).
Unit 2 is a modern purpose built corner retail unit providing accommodation over two floors. The ground floor comprises an open plan sales area with an attractive glass/wood display frontage. An internal staircase leads to the first floor which provides a large stockroom; office and a staff kitchen area. There is a remote storage area and WC facility, also on the first floor.
The accommodation benefits from burglar and fire alarm systems, stock theft prevention system, audio speaker system and an intercom for deliveries.
The unit is separately metered for electricity and water and benefits from a high quality and friendly on site management service. This includes CCTV, external music and advertisement and a versatile goods yard.
It is understood that the premises provide the following approximate measurements:
Ground Floor Sales 142 sq m (1,528 sq ft)
First Floor Storage 93.4 sq m (1,005 sq ft)
Remote Storage 10.7 sq m (115 sq ft)
The property is available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease by way of a service charge for a number of years to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £65,000 per annum exclusive. The rent will be subject to 5 yearly upward only rent reviews.
All enquiries to sole agents Edwin Thompson.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understood that the property has an Energy Performance Asset Rating of D90 and a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate is available upon request.
It is understood from the VOA website that the premises have a Rateable Value of £50,000.
The current Uniform Business Rate is 50.4p in the pound, which would equate to rates payable per annum of approximately £25,000 exclusive.
Prospective tenants should check that exact rates payable with South Lakeland District Council – Tel 01539 793245.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP Contact:
Suzie Barron – [email protected]
Joe Ellis – [email protected]
Tel: 015394 48811
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in June 2019.
Prominently located retail unit within Kendal’s Prime Retail Pitch
Attractive Shop Frontage
Ground Floor Sales of approximately 1,528 sq ft
To Let – £65,000 per annum exclusive