Unit 4B East Lakes Business Park, Gilwilly Industrial Estate, Penrith, CA11 9BB
The subject property is located on the western side of Gilwilly Industrial Estate adjacent to Cowper Road at East Lakes Business Park and on the north western outskirts of Penrith, Cumbria in the North West of England.
Penrith is an attractive and affluent market town situated on the north east fringe of the Lake District. It is well located being on Junction 40 of the M6 providing direct access north and south and to the A66 which leads west to the Lake District National Park and east to Scotch Corner and the A1(M).
Penrith has a resident population of approximately 15,000 (2001 Census) and is located within Eden District with a District population of over 51,000. Carlisle is approximately 20 miles to the north, Kendal 32 miles to the south and Keswick 18 miles to the west. Penrith has a train station on the main West Coast Line with direct services north to Carlisle and Glasgow and South to London Euston with a journey time of around 3 hours.
Gilwilly Industrial Estate is accessed via the B5288 Newton Road which in turn leads to Haweswater Road connecting directly to the A592 and the M6 Junction 40/A66 interchange. East Lakes Business Park is adjacent to Cowper Road, the central route through Gilwilly Industrial Estate and which connects with Gilwilly Road and the B5288 to the south.
The subject property provides a modern warehouse premises of steel portal frame construction with part brick and part block/part profile clad elevations, a pitched profile clad insulated roof and with an eaves height of approximately 4.57m rising to 7.04m at the top of the steel.
The premises have a manual roller shutter door (height 4.59m x width 3.47m) and with dedicated car parking/loading to the front. Internally, the property has solid concrete painted floors, sodium down-lighting and provides open plan warehouse accommodation.
It is understood that the property has mains supplies of electricity (3 phase), water and is connected to the mains drainage and sewerage systems. Mains gas is available at East Lakes Business Park.
The premises provide the following approximate gross internal measurements:
Unit 4B 234.72m2 (2,526 sq ft)
The property is available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a term to be agreed and at a commencing rental of ﾣ15,000 per annum exclusive.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understand from the VOA website that the premises are currently rated with Unit 4A which is in the process of being let separately and the rates will need to be re-assessed. Prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable with Eden District Council ﾖ Tel: 01768 817817.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
It is understood that the property has an Energy Performance Asset Rating of D87 and a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate is available upon request.
Each party is to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley ﾖ [email protected]
Joe Ellis ﾖ [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in December 2015.
ﾕ Popular Commercial and Trading Estate with good access to the M6.
ﾕ GIA – 2,526sq ft with dedicated car parking and loading door
ﾕ Available via a new Full Repairing & Insuring Lease
ﾕ Rental – ﾣ15,000 per annum exclusive