Unit 5 Station Yard
Unit 5 Station Yard, Station Road, Wigton, Cumbria CA7 9BA
£7,000 per year
|Price||£7,000 per year|
The property occupies an end of terrace position within the heart of Station Yard, a popular commercial and trading estate to the north of Wigton town centre. Station Yard is situated immediately south of Wigton Train Station and less than 50 metres from the A596 and Station Road travels into the heart of the town centre, around 400 metres away, providing a range of services including shops, banks and supermarkets.
Wigton lies approximately 9 miles south west of Carlisle, and some 20 miles north west of Penrith. It is a traditional Cumbrian market town with a population of approximately 5,831 (2011 Census) which rises to over 15,000 including the immediate surrounding hinterland.
Wigton is approached from Carlisle via both the A565 and A596 roads which continue on to connect the town to West Cumbria. The nearest motorway connections are Junctions 42 and 43 of the M6 at Carlisle. The district rail line which lies adjacent to the property, travels from Carlisle to West Cumbria and beyond to Kendal.
The subject property provides an end of terrace self-contained modern industrial premises of steel portal frame construction with block elevations that have been over-clad with profile clad sheeting and beneath a pitched profile clad roof with translucent roof lights. Internally, the property has a solid concrete painted floor, painted block walls, sodium down-lighting, separate office/storage room and WC facilities.
There is a further mezzanine office, two manual steel roller shutter vehicle entrances and having a minimum eaves height of circa 3.80 metres. Dedicated loading/car parking is included immediately to the front of the premises.
It is understood that the property has mains supplies of electricity (3 phase), water and is connected to the mains drainage and sewerage systems.
The premises provide the following approximate gross internal measurements:
Ground floor warehouse 156.72m² (1,687 sq ft)
Further units will be available in the short term providing accommodation from 846 sq ft up to 2,852 sq ft – further details upon application.
The premises are available by way of a new Internal Repairing & Insuring lease for a term to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £7,000 per annum exclusive.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understand from the VOA website that the premises has a draft Rateable Value with effect from 1 April 2017 of £5,200.
The current Uniform Business Rate for small business premises is 48.4 pence in the pound, which equates to rates payable on the property of approximately £2,517 per annum. The property is likely to qualify for small business rates relief and prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable with Allerdale Borough Council – Tel: 0303 123 1702.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate has been commissioned and will be available in due course.
Each party is to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley – [email protected]
Joe Ellis – [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in February 2017.
• Popular Commercial and Trading Estate with good access to the A596 and Wigton Town Centre.
• Self-contained premises GIA 1,687sq ft with loading/car parking
• Available via a new Internal Repairing & Insuring Lease
• Rental – £7,000 per annum exclusive;
• Further units available from 864 sq ft – 2,852 sq ft