Woodlands Industrial Storage Estate, Longtown
Woodlands Industrial Storage Estate, Longtown, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA6 5TR
Rentals from £4.50 per sq ft per annum exclusive
A unique opportunity to lease new, high specification warehouse space with good access to key local business centres in Cumbria, such as the nearby city of Carlisle and the Energy Coast, as well as excellent connectivity and good access to the M6. The units benefit from a secure yard enclosed by steel palisade fencing with 24-hour security, with additional land offering the potential for further development and storage opportunities.
The Woodlands Industrial Storage Estate occupies a prominent location adjacent to the A6701 on the border of England and Scotland, just 1 mile south of the market town of Longtown and 7 miles north of the city of Carlisle, Cumbria’s primary commercial and administrative centre.
Longtown is an historic market town with a population of approximately 3,000. The town offers a range of commercial occupiers with an established industrial estate and Auction Mart, as well as providing good local services. It also benefits from the largest sheep and cattle market in England.
The nearby City of Carlisle is reached via the A7 and has a residential population of 108,000 and an estimated catchment population of 235,000, holding a full-time employment average of 39% compared to the NW and England average of 37% and 38% respectively.
The Lake District National Park is less than 30 miles to the South West and Cumbria is benefiting from high investment from the Energy Sector, only 30 miles to the West via the A595/A596.
Woodlands Industrial Storage Estate provides easy access to the A689 linking to the North East, Carlisle and the Energy (west) Coast.
Its proximity to Junction 44 provides excellent connectivity to the M6 and M74 which forms part of the main transport corridor running north-south between Birmingham and Glasgow
Carlisle has excellent rail links with direct trains to the main rail hubs:
Edinburgh 1hr 17 mins
Glasgow 1hr 07 mins
Manchester 1 54 mins
London Euston 3hrs 19 mins
The Tyne Valley line connects Carlisle to Newcastle (1hr 20 mins) in addition to the world-famous Settle to Carlisle rail link over the Pennies to Leeds.
The site benefits from proximity to a number of ports in the north of England and Scotland, the closest being the Port of Workington to the southwest, the Port of Tyne to the east and Stranraer Port to the west.
Carlisle Lake District Airport continues to develop and grow and can handle pre-arranged private and commercial flights, with public flights commencing September 2018.
The following airports are all within easy reach:
Liverpool John Lennon
BUSINESS IN CUMBRIA
Cumbria’s excellent transport connectivity and central UK location has resulted in a large number of national and international companies choosing to locate their regional base in Carlisle, including:
- John Lewis
- Eddie Stobart
- Pirelli Tyres
New warehouse space, constructed in 2018, totalling 40,000 sq ft (7,432 m²) together with the existing warehouse space totalling 38,000 sq ft (3,530m²), with the option to split into further units from 4,000 sq ft (372 m²).
- 7 vehicle and trailer bays with electric roller doors
- Two level access doors
- Clear eaves height of 9.00 metres
- Profiled insulated steel roof
- Reinforced concrete slab
The site also benefits from the following amenities:
- Truck Wash
- 24-hour security
- Automatic number plate recognition barrier gates
- Secure yard of 2.24 acres enclosed by steel palisade fencing
- HGV parking
STORAGE AND DEVELOPMENT LAND
The land offers potential development opportunities for warehouse and turnkey buildings of 5,000 up to 200,000 sq ft designed to the occupier’s requirements.
Units are available via a new Full Repairing and Insuring lease at a rental from £4.50 per square foot per annum exclusive.
Terms for both the warehouse unit and the development land are available on request.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle Office of Edwin Thompson LLP.
John Haley, [email protected]
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
- No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
- These particulars were prepared in May 2018.
Units from 4,000 – 80,000 sq ft (372 m² – 7,432 m²)
High spec warehousing with 9.00 metre eaves and excellent loading facilities
Approximately 7 acres (2.83 hectares) of further storage land and development opportunities
Good local and nationwide connectivity with easy access to the M6 and A689
Available on new leases and rentals from £4.50 per square foot