Christopher Gray BSc BA MRICS FAAV
Christopher joined Edwin Thompson in August 1991, based in the firm’s Carlisle office. He went on to become a partner in the business in 2000 with special interest and expertises in Estate Management and Agricultural matters with a wide client base ranging from traditional agricultural estate owners to other private sector clients. Recently he has advised on a number of acquisitions of agricultural estates and farms in the north of England.
- Specialising in estate, rural property and farm acquisitions and disposals
- Negotiation of best prices and acting on behalf of both vendors and purchasers
- Management of rural estates and property, maintaining and increasing returns for property owners whilst maintain good Landlord and Tenant relationships.
- Valuations of all types of rural property assets for specialist purposes, especially for secured lending and taxation.
- Renewable energy significant experience in large scale wind farm developments negotiating and lease arrangements.
- Compulsory purchase- experience with all types of acquiring authorities regarding all aspects of compulsory purchase.
- Agricultural Landlord and Tenant disputes.
Christopher is also a RICS registered valuer.
Christopher is a graduate of Cambridge University where he read land economy and a graduate of the University of London where he read agriculture. He enjoys rural sporting pursuits and hill walking. He is also a keen follower of sport.