14 Cornmarket, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7HT
£11,000 per year
The property is located on Cornmarket in the heart of Penrith town centre occupying a prominent town centre location with direct access from Great Dockray. There are a number of national and local retailers, cafes, food shops and professional users all within the immediate vicinity. There are also a number of local pay and display car parks and disc zone areas.
Penrith is an attractive and affluent market town situated on the north east fringe of the Lake District National Park. It is well located being on Junction 40 of the M6 providing direct access north and south and to the A66 which leads west to the Lake District National Park and east to Scotch Corner and the A1(M).
Penrith has a resident population of approximately 15,000 (2011 Census) and is located within Eden District with a District population of over 51,000. Carlisle is approximately 20 miles to the north, Kendal 32 miles to the south and Keswick 18 miles to the west. Penrith has a train station on the main West Coast Line with direct services north to Carlisle and Glasgow and South to London Euston with a journey time of around 3 hours.
The property provides an attractive mid terrace building with a pitched slate roof. There is retail use at ground floor with ground and first floor stores to the rear which are accessed via a dedicated entrance to the front of the property as well as through the shop.
The retail element provides an open plan sales area with an attractive glass/wood display frontage. Internally, the accommodation has vinyl flooring, plastered painted walls and ceiling, LED strip lighting and two steps leading to an office / storage area and gives access to the rear ground and first floor stores.
The ground and first floor stores are accessed off a communal covered courtyard and provide stone floors with brickwork walls. One of the storage areas at ground floor level has laminate flooring with plastered painted walls and ceiling with spot lighting. There are also two WC’s at ground floor level.
There is a raised timber viewing platform which must not be used without prior Landlord consent.
It is understood that the premises provide the following approximate net internal areas:
Ground Floor 47.64 sq m (513 sq ft)
Rear Ground and First Floor Stores (inclusive of shared courtyard)
Ground Floor 89.83 sq m (967 sq ft)
First Floor 43.40 sq m (467 sq ft)
Total Net Internal Floor Area 133.23 sq m (1,434 sq ft)
Total Overall Net Internal Floor Area 180.87 sq m (1,947 sq ft)
The premises are available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a term to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £11,000 per annum exclusive.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understood from the VOA website that the front shop has a Rateable Value of £4,550 and the rear ground and first floor stores have a Rateable Value of £2,300.
The current Uniform Business Rate is 50.4 pence in the pound and prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable with Eden District Council – Tel: 01768 817817.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
The property has an Energy Performance Asset Rating of C75 and a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate is available upon request.
Each party is to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Windermere office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
Joe Ellis – firstname.lastname@example.org
Suzie Barron – email@example.com
Tel: 015394 48811
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in February 2020.