17 Murray Road, Workington, Cumbria CA14 2AD
£20,000 per year
The subject premises are situated on Murray Road, Workington which is the main commercial centre and port town in West Cumbria with a population of approximately 25,000 and situated within the Borough of Allerdale. The town draws on a wider catchment population of approximately 100,000 taking in towns such as Cockermouth 7 miles to the east, Maryport 5 miles to the north and Whitehaven 8 miles to the south.
The City of Carlisle and Junctions 42 – 44 of the M6 Motorway are circa 32 miles to the north west, reached via the A595 or A596 and Keswick is 21 miles to the east along the A66 with Penrith and Junction 40 of the M6 38 miles along the same route. The Cumbrian Coast Line provides rail connections to Carlisle and also the coast to Barrow-in-Furness.
Murray Road occupies a central position and is one of the main retail thoroughfares within Workington Town Centre. Other nearby occupiers include Argos, Lloyds Bank and Greggs.
The attached GOAD plan shows the location of the premises shaded red (for identification purposes only).
17 Murray Road provides a ground floor mid-terrace retail shop with direct access and retail frontage onto Murray Road. The shop front has an aluminium frame with a roller shutter externally.
On the ground floor there is front sales and rear store/work room with rear stairs leading to the first floor and open plan store/work room and small kitchen area. There is also a single toilet.
It is understood that the premises provide the following approximate measurements:
Ground Floor Sales 96.31m² (1,036 sq ft)
First Floor Store/Work Room 97.93m² (1,054 sq ft)
The property is available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a term to be agreed and at a rental of £20,000 per annum exclusive.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
An Energy Performance Certificate has been produced for the premises and is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
The VOA website states that 17 Murray Road has a Rateable Value of £20,250 and is described as a shop & premises.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP Contact:
John Raven – email@example.com
Suzie Barron – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in August 2020.