227 – 231 Duke Street, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria LA14 1XT
£18,000 per year
Barrow-in-Furness is situated on the southern tip of Cumbria, to the north of Morecambe Bay and only 20 minutes from The Lake District. Barrow’s principal road link is the A590, linking it to Ulverston, The Lake District and the M6 motorway.
Barrow is the principle commercial, retail and cultural centre for South West Cumbria with a catchment of over 130,000 incorporating neighbouring towns such as Dalton, Ulverston and Millom. Barrow is the largest town in South Cumbria and is known throughout the world for its rich history in shipbuilding which is now centred around advance development of submarines driven by BAE Systems who continue to invest significant capital creating thousands of jobs as well as feeder contracts to local businesses. Other major employers include Kimberly-Clark, producer of products for Kleenex and Andrex, GSK, an international pharmaceutical company and the Sellafield nuclear fuel reprocessing and decommissioning site, a short distance up the north west coast.
The town has two sixth form colleges as well as a number of primary, junior and secondary schools and culturally, there is a wide range of leisure facilities, restaurant, hotels, a pedestrianised town centre with national retailers including Debenhams and a good choice of supermarkets. The Lake District National Park is less than 20 minutes away and there are a range of beaches, all within a 10-15 minute drive.
The property forms an end of terrace position on the north western extent of Duke Street adjacent to and to the south east of the junction with Anson Street, immediately adjacent to Willie Horne Way, 50 metres north west of Nelson Street and around 250 metres south east of the A590.
The premises comprise an attached steel portal framed industrial building incorporating brick/block elevations rendered and painted in part, steel roller shutter loading doors, double pedestrian access doors and internal rainwater goods underneath a pitched profile clad roof.
Internally, the property is arranged with a large front trade counter sales and serving area, male and female WC’s, office, side and rear workshop/warehouse, display area and internal office/staff room.
Externally, the property has a front car parking, loading and storage yard laid to concrete/tarmacadam and is secured by steel removable bollards and has parking for approximately 10 cars.
It is understood that the premises provide the following approximate measurements:
Ground Floor 383.69 sq m (4,130 sq ft)
The property is available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a term to be agreed and at a rental of £18,000 per annum exclusive.
All enquiries to sole agents Edwin Thompson.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understood that the property has an Energy Performance Asset Rating of D76 and a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate is available upon request.
The VOA website states that 227-231 Duke Street has a Rateable Value of £15,500 and is described as shop and premises.
Business Rate Relief may be available to prospective tenants who should check the exact rates payable directly via Barrow Borough Council, telephone number 01229 876300.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP Contact:
Joe Ellis – firstname.lastname@example.org
Suzie Barron – email@example.com
Tel: 015394 48811
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in April 2020.