32 Lake Road, Keswick, Cumbria CA12 5DQ
£21,000 per year
Keswick is a busy market and tourist town located at the head of Derwent Water in the northern Lake District National Park, approximately 15 miles west of Penrith, 18 miles north of Windermere and 33 miles south west of Carlisle.
The property occupies a ground and first floor position on Lake Road a busy and popular retail and mixed-use parade of shops adjacent to the famour George Fisher outdoor shop. Lake Road is the principal thoroughfare to the shores of Derwent Water and is in close proximity to the town’s Central car park. This is a pedestrianised area. Lake Road is one of the main secondary retailing and commercial areas within Keswick Town Centre and surrounding occupiers include a broad mix of retailers and leisure users.
The attached plan shows the location of the premises shaded red (for identification purposes only).
The property comprises the ground and first floors of a traditional Lakeland stone 4-storey terraced building. The property has been used in the past for many things including a retail, office, restaurant, hairdressers, bunk house and a café. All such uses, and others, would be considered – subject to obtaining the requisite planning approval.
The property provides attractive, open plan flexible space in a pedestrianised part of the Town.
Occupiers in Lake Road include George Fishers, Maysons, Morrels restaurant, as well as a number of other Cafés, restaurants, bars and shops.
We understand the premises provide the following approximate measurements:
Principal open plan area.
Separate office meeting room and stockroom at rear with rear access
Includes; lighting, heating, power, data and communications trunking.
Internal feature staircase to;
Open plan with kitchen/staff room at rear.
Includes; lighting, heating, power, data and communications trunking
TOTAL APPROXIMATE NET INTERNAL AREA: 118 sq.m (1,270 sq ft)
We understand from the VOA website that the premises previously had a Rateable Value of £13,000 and is described as shop and premises. Although, is currently no longer on the ratings list and will need to be re-assessed upon occupation.
Prospective tenants may benefit from small business rate relief and should check the exact rates payable with Allerdale Borough Council – Tel: 01900 702 702.
The premises are available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a number of years to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £21,000 per annum exclusive. Longer terms, will be subject to periodic review of the rent.
A service charge will be levied in respect of insurance and common parts and services maintenance.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate is available for the property and can be downloaded from the Edwin Thompson Website.
The current Energy Asset Rating for the premises is C52
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP.
tel. no. 017687 72988.
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in May 2020.