7A Bank Street, Keswick, Cumbria CA12 5JY
£6,000 per year
Keswick is a busy market and tourist town located at the head of Derwent Water in the northern Lake District National Park, approximately 15 miles west of Penrith, 18 miles north of Windermere and 33 miles south west of Carlisle.
The property occupies a first floor position on Bank Street a busy and popular retail and mixed-use parade of shops being the main thoroughfare into to the Town from the west and a short distance to the north west of Main Street the retailing core of Keswick town centre. Bank Street is one of the main secondary retailing and commercial areas within Keswick Town Centre and surrounding occupiers include a broad mix of retailers and leisure users. There is a municipal car park opposite, behind the Weatherspoons outlet with the Booths supermarket 2 mins walk away.
The attached plan shows the location of the premises shaded red (for identification purposes only).
The property provides a first floor open plan office/studio premises which lends itself to a variety of uses.
The premises have an attractive glazed frontage within wooden frames and is under a pitched slate roof. Internally, the property is accessed from a ground floor rear entrance benefiting from a spacious general/bike store leading to a ground floor entrance hall with stairs to the first floor. The first floor is arranged as well-proportioned open plan accommodation with a light and airy working environment, separate stockroom/filing cupboards and adjacent WC and shower room.
The accommodation is well presented incorporating attractive exposed timber flooring, vaulted ceilings, natural light from front and rear windows, data trunking throughout, wall mounted Rointe heaters, comms room and modern kitchen facilities with integrated dishwasher and fridge. There is WC facilities with the benefit of a walk-in shower unit which provides the opportunity to cycle and run to work and explore the Lakes during lunch times.
Externally, the property is accessed via a private shared rear road via an arched through point.
We understand the premises provide the following approximate measurements:
First Floor 59.23m² (638 sq ft)
We understand from the VOA website that the premises have a Rateable Value of £4,100 and is described as office and premises.
The current Uniform Business Rate is 49.1p in the pound for small businesses, which would equate to rates payable per annum of approximately £2,000 exclusive.
Prospective tenants may benefit from 100% small business rate relief and should check the exact rates payable with Allerdale Borough Council – Tel: 01900 702 702.
The premises are available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a number of years to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £6,000 per annum exclusive. Longer terms will be subject to periodic review of the rent.
The premises are available fully equipped with office furniture, kitchen appliances and TV and communications equipment, a full inventory list is available upon request.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate is available for the property and can be downloaded from the Edwin Thompson Website.
The current Energy Asset Rating for the premises is D83
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preperation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
Joe Ellis – firstname.lastname@example.org
Suzie Barron – email@example.com
Tel: 015394 48811
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in May 2020.