9 Crescent Road, Windermere, Cumbria LA23 1EA
£18,000 per year
The subject property is situated on Crescent Road, the prime retailing pitch in the town of Windermere in South Lakeland, Cumbria, in the North West of England. Windermere is an attractive tourist town situated close to the east shore of Lake Windermere, 8 miles to the west of Kendal and 14 miles from Junction 36 of the M6 Motorway.
Crescent Road forms part of the town centre and the main A5074 route travelling from the A591 and through to Bowness-on-Windermere, circa 1 mile away. The train station, bus interchange and the A591 are approximately 100m to the north giving good access to Kendal, the M6 and Ambleside.
The local vicinity boasts some of the leading high street retailers including, Boots, Greggs and WHSmith as well as a variety of local gift shops, cafes, leisure outlets and banks with occupiers including Scottie and Russell, Northern Line, Barclay’s and Santander.
The attached plan shows the location of the premises shaded red (for identification purposes only).
9 Crescent Road provides a ground floor semi-detached retail shop with ramped access and retail frontage onto Crescent Road. The property has an attractive timber framed facade and entrance leading into an open plan sales area. There are provisions for a kitchen point to the rear and staff WC and a storage area in the basement.
It is understood that the premises provide the following approximate measurements:
Ground Floor Sales 44m² (474 sq ft)
Basement Storage 36m² (389 sq ft)
The property is available by way of an assignment of an existing lease expiring October 2024 at a rental of £18,000 per annum exclusive.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understood that the property has an Energy Performance Asset Rating of E104 and a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate is available upon request.
The VOA website states that 9 Crescent Road has a Rateable Value of £9,700 and is described as a shop & premises.
Small Business Rate Relief may be available to prospective tenants who should check the exact rates payable directly via South Lakeland District Council, telephone number 0845 0504434.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP Contact:
Suzie Barron – email@example.com
Joe Ellis – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 015394 48811
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in August 2020.