Former ESK Brickworks, Brisco Road, Carlisle, Cumbria CA4 0QY
The subject land is situated on the former ESK brickworks site which is located on the eastern edge of the village of Brisco, Cumbria in the north west of England. The City of Carlisle is 2 miles to the north and Junction 42 of the M6 Motorway is approximately 2 miles to the east accessed via Newbiggin Road which connects directly to the M6 motorway providing excellent communications to the A6, A69, A7, and A595 to South and West Cumbria, Scotland and the North East.
The City of Carlisle has a residential population of 75,000 and an estimated catchment population of 235,000. As well as being the dominant shopping location, it is also the administrative centre in Cumbria and The Borders. Carlisle is based on the Virgin Rail Link between Glasgow and London Euston and there is a direct train line to Newcastle run by Northern Rail. Newcastle International Airport is approximately a 45 minute drive and reached via the A69.
The subject site provides a large former brickworks with a number of industrial units still remaining on site. There are large areas of hard-standing and the land is accessed from a dedicated estate road leading from Brisco Village with the surrounding area to the north, south and west being of agricultural use.
It is understood that the land provides approximately 2.73 hectares (6.73 acres) and can be used for open storage or developed as required for industrial purposes, subject to planning.
It has been advised that the site may be suitable for development to a small scale residential scheme, subject to planning.
Interested tenants/purchasers should check with Carlisle City Council directly regarding their use proposals, tel: 01228 817000.
The tenant/purchaser will be responsible for any necessary assessment of ground conditions and will need to satisfy themselves that storage, use or development of the land can take place safely.
It is understood that all mains services are available at the former ESK Brickworks site. It is the responsibility of the tenant/purchaser to determine the exact position of existing services and to arrange for any connections of these to the subject site in consultation with the relevant services providers.
The land is available to lease for a term to be agreed and at a rental of £35,000 per annum exclusive. The land may be divided into smaller sections for rental, further information upon application.
Alternatively, consideration may be given to the freehold sale with vacant possession.
Please note that our clients are not obliged to accept the highest or any offer without prejudice and subject to contract.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease or sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The land is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle Office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
John Haley, email@example.com
Joe Ellis, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in March 2014.