The Clock Tower, Crofton Estate, Near Thursby, Cumbria CA5 6QD
The subject premises are situated within the grounds of Crofton Estate in a rural setting close to the village of Thursby and only 8 miles south-west of the city of Carlisle. Crofton Estate is located adjacent to the A595 with excellent access to Carlisle, Wigton which is only 4 miles away and the West Coast.
The estate is accessed from both the A595 and A596 and provides mature surroundings including woodland, farmland, a fishing lake, caravan park and cheese farm.
The property provides an open plan workshop of traditional stone construction with a pitched slate roof, wood-framed sash windows and double sliding timber entrance doors. The premises are set within a gated gravel courtyard with access taken via a timber staircase to the rear of the property.
Internally, the accommodation provides extensive workshop space with exposed timber roof joists and the housing for the historic clock tower. The premises has a solid fireproof timber floor, exposed sandstone walls, sodium down lighting, intruder and fire alarm systems and a number of electrical points throughout.
The property has also been recently refurbished to include office space, kitchenette and WCs with additional communal WC and shower facilities available within the adjoining building.
It is understood that the property is connected to mains water and single-phase electricity.
It is understand that the property provides the following approximate gross internal floor area:
First floor premises 139.13m² (1,498sq ft)
The premises are available by way of a new internal repairing & insuring lease for a number of years to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £400.00 per month exclusive.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
The premises will need to be re-assessed upon occupation. Prospective tenants should check the potential rates payable with Allerdale Borough Council – Tel: 01900 702 702.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT there on.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle Office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
Suzie Barron – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Wilde – email@example.com
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in August 2019.